32650 battery

alex74

Newly Enlightened
hello all I would like please advice for the purchase of 32650 batteries and a battery charger that accepts this format.
If possible, recommend a shop in addition to the brand where you can buy everything and that it is of quality
thanks to all for the replies

Macgravy

Newly Enlightened
Not that I'm the all knowing, but since Covid got over???.....Good luck...All the 32650's are gone as far as I know. Sorry....

You might be luckier by going after some 26650's and some sort of adapter to make them fit. In fact there very few decently priced 26650's anymore...but at least you can find them.

In my unenlightened opinion, Covid did a job on all industries along with people that just don't want to work anymore....And this isn't over yet. It's gonna take a lot of time to get everything back up and running again.

A PVC sprinkler pipe might be something that you could use as an adapter...?? or a section of a vinyl hose....inside diameter of like 26 mm and an outside diameter of 32 mm...in fact you can slice a section and then wrap it around 1 end of the battery and do the same to the other end...

If your counting on the 32's, good luck.

With regard to adapters that will allow you to use 26650 cells in a 32650 light, almost all of the USA national craft stores (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Blick's for example) carry flexible foam craft sheets. These foam sheets are thin, generally about 1/16th of an inch (2mm), and are easily cut with a scissor or knife to whatever length and width you require. The foam is most commonly available in 8x11" or 11x17" sheets. Simply cut the sheet to slightly less than the length of your battery so that the electrical terminals are able to maintain contact, then wrap the trimmed foam around the cell until the "extra" space between the cell and the battery tube is filled. The foam is non-conducting, and eliminates battery rattle. It's also dirt cheap, and one sheet can make multiple adapters. The foam is ultra lightweight; it comes in a variety of colors including discrete grays, charcoal, and black. That noted, electric green and safety orange are my favorites: it's hard to lose one of those when changing cells after dark.