Accidental pocket dialing 911 - Galaxy Note Edge

Qoose

Enlightened
Huh, same page here. Been using android for ~4 years now, and have never even had my phone unlocked in my pocket. That being said, I'm fairly loyal to HTC and their good design, so I'm unaware of Samsung. Couple of comments that I'll toss out there based on android:

Like stream says, My phone has an option for putting a touch slider lock in front of my keycode. The first prevents rogue swipes, and then you get to the privacy/safety lock screen. I know this is an extra swipe, but my fingers were so used to swipe to unlock that I found it to be better for muscle memory. If the first is in place, I think getting to the emergency call screen is 98% reduced.

Actually, I just checked my friends Samsung running 4.2, and it has it. I'm running 4.4. It looks like this to enable:
1k1BEES.jpg

(Shush. I don't know how to screenshot on a samsung.)

Second, has he tried sticking the phone in a different pocket? Or screen facing outwards? Or even upside down so the power button is less bumped. This might keep the phone from seeing any button presses.

Third, I just tried the emergency dialer on my phone from the lock screen. From the emergency button, I actually still have to dial 911. Perhaps find a way to install that screen.

Last, I hear that 911 is the only industry where it's ok that some extremely high % of their calls are false dials. So don't feel too bad.

dfsutton

Newly Enlightened
I've had a similar but different issue with my Galaxy S5 active. Upon hanging up my phone, it had decided to randomly dial one of the contacts in my recent call log. I've caught it doing this a few times now. It's not because of an errant finger swipe or am accidental button push, the phone just decides to make another call. Very strange