Adventure 2.0 First Aid Kit - Review

BR101

Newly Enlightened
20120914_183341.jpg

Today I am reviewing the Adventure Medical 2.0 first aid kit. When shopping for a first aid kit I wanted something complex, yet something compact that I could throw it in my EDC bag. And most of all, I didn't wanna spend a fortune of money. I was able to find this kit from a reputable retailer for under $20 dollars shipped. This Adventure 2.0 kit hit on all cylinders !!

Features:

Contents list printed on bag for easy reference
Diphenhydramine to treat allergic reactions
Elastic bandage to treat sprains and strains
Splinter picker/tick remover forceps
Instant cold pack included
Weight: 1 lb.
Size: 6 x 8.5 x 1.5

Supply List

Bandage Materials:
16 Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1" x 3"
1 Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 2" x 4.5"
4 Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle
4 Bandage, Butterfly Closure
2 Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2" x 2", Pkg./2
2 Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 3" x 3", Pkg./2
2 Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 4" x 4", Pkg./2
2 Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterlie, 2" x 3"

Bleeding:
1 Gloves, Nitrile (Pair), Hand Wipe
1 Trauma Pad, 5" x 9"

Blister / Burn:
1 Moleskin, 3" x 4"

Fracture / Sprain:
1 Bandage, Elastic with Clips, 2"
1 Cold Pack

Instrument:
2 Safety Pins
1 Scissors, Bandage with Blunt Tip
1 Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps

Medication:
3 Acetaminophen (500 mg), Pkg./2
2 After Bite Wipe
3 Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg)
2 Aspirin (325 mg), Pkg./2
3 Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2

Survival Tools:
1 Compass, Button, Liquid Filled
1 Mini Rescue Howler Whistle

Wound Care:
12 Antimicrobial Towelette
4 Cotton Tip Applicator, Pkg./2
1 Tape, 1/2" x 10 Yards
4 Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use

As you can see the Adventure 2.0 kit comes with a good amount of basic first aid supplies. The supplies are well organized and labeled. The scissors, The pouch is big enough that I was able to add QuikClot and tapeless bandage gauze's and still have a little more room for other items.

20120907_031827.jpg

As you can see by the picture above, the Adventure 2.0 kit fits neatly in my 5.11 Covrt ZAP bag along with an iPad and a paperback book. You could easily place this kit under the seat of your vehicle, under the seat of your motorcycle etc.

20120914_183020.jpg

Here is a look at the contents inside the Adventure 2.0 first aid kit. As you can see, everything is neatly organized and they included papers with helpful instructions.

20120914_183255.jpg

Here is the kit loaded up with my Quik Clot and my every gauze's. There is more room in the bag for other stuff you may wanna include in your kit.

Things I Like:

Size: As I mentioned before. This kit is small and compact and works great for my EDC system. Whether it's in my EDC bag, in the Jeep it's not an inconvenience to carry.
Complexity: This kit comes with everything but the kitchen sink for my first aid needs.
Bag: I like that they built the bag a little oversized so you could add stuff if you choose to.
Documents: I like that they included documents for instructions on using some of the items and it helped with labeling.
Value: It was under $20 bucks shipped as I mentioned earlier. For what you get, I feel this is an outstanding deal.

Things I Disliked:

None... This first aid kit is awesome. I haven't found one thing I dislike about it. I would give this first aid kit a 10/10.

Read my other reviews here.

Thank you,

ModernMan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the first aid kit review. I've always used their smaller kits for backpacking and day trips. More importantly, I think I may have saved a friends life with the same quick clot kit on a backcountry ski trip. He got a deep gash in an icy couloir fall, had serious bleeding, and that stopped the gushing in less than a minute. I never adventure without one now.