Alternative to Canon BP-511 Battery Pack for SLR??

DDS

Enlightened
Hi: I have a Canon 10D SLR camera which uses a Canon Battery Pack BP-511, 7.4V, 1100 mah, Li Ion. I have done some research on the generic options since the OEM is very expensive. Many report that one of the replacements that is 7.2 V , 2000mah is a pretty nice alternative ( $11.50). Amondotech warns that these cheaper batteries are made in China and are not reliable. They state that their batteries (Titanium) are made with Sanyo cells from Japan and are of better than the OEM. Anybody ever try the cheaper generics or have any suggestions for higher quality generics and sources?
Thanks! Dave

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I've got an EOS 20D with the battery grip (BG-E3, I think) that takes 2 BP-511s in the grip, and I've been using 7.4v 1500 MAh generics from ebay a long time ago without any problems.

Obviously, since I got the 1500s (I've got 4 in 2 sets, just in case) there are higher capacity cells available.

I think I paid around $40 for 2 from Hong Kong or China, but no problems to report at all !!

DDS

Enlightened
RAF Groundcrew: Thanks for the feedback I am going to look on ebay for generics with 7.4v. Thanks!