Any bright flood EDC lights?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the current best flood EDC light that has multiple light levels?

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny you should ask. Just a few days ago I received a Lumintop EDC15. It's a single AA twisty with a TIR optic that is "pebbled" or "honeycombed" or whatever the term is.

The upshot is that it's a pure flooder. Maybe almost too floody for some; it looks almost about what you'd get with a bare LED and no lens. Kind of like a smartphone light.

It's got low, med, high, turbo, and a hidden strobe (that's oddly hidden between high and turbo for some reason).

Also has mode memory.

They say it can take Li-Ion too, but it seemed to quickly get pretty warm just with a normal AA on turbo mode, so I'd be a little scared to try it with Li-ion!

I got it to try out as a light for photography and occasional short video in dark places. Works great for that at close range, but anything 10ft and beyond is pushing it.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, Stress_Test. I will check into it.

So "like a cell phone", but obviously much brighter. Most people tend to go for throw, but in reality, for most EDC situations are close up, so this type of floody light seems to have its purpose. Anyway, thank you again.

BTW, I have two Lumintop FW3A flashlights and like how it floods, yet still somewhat throws.

Check out the Wurkkos TS10. It's a 14500-only pocket light. Triple emitters. Floody, with infinite ramping via Anduril 2.0. Max output is either 1200 or 1400 emitter lumens, although don't expect to maintain that level of output for too long. Emitters at 4000K, with 90 CRI. Priced at US$30 on Amaxon, US$20 direct from the Wurkkos website. It really is a nifty* little light.

* Nifty is a technical term, just so you know. :)

3_gun

Enlightened
I have a couple I like, a D4v2 with sst20@4k w/flood optics, boost driver & high CRI is a great 18650 based EDC that has the punch to 25yds or so. An Acebeam E70 mini is another 18650 light w/good punch, CRI & flood. I can 2nd the TS10 as a good EDC in a smaller package. The one I seem to default to most is the D4v2, partly because it has a magnetic tail cap that I use ALOT more than I thought I would.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked out the Wurkkos TS10 and it appears to be very similar to the Lumintop FW3A. I have two of those and they do produce a nice floodish light.

The D4v2 looks interesting.

I also like the Acebeam E70 mini, but also seems like it would be similar to the FW3A.