Are Pentagonlights any good? *UPDATE*

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[OT]
Bernie,
I just composed a long winded response to what I considered bait in another Pentagon thread but that would just be another comment that I should monitor and respond to. :rolleyes:

For me, my solution will be to buy a Pentagon Light if it interests me and keep my perceptions and comments to myself and avoid any Pentagon thread like the plague. [/OT]

To the topic of this thread, I have some preliminary opinions as a result of taking a few of these lights apart but I'll keep my bloody and biased opinions to my bloody self! :nana:

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
What may sound easy from a modders point of view is differnt when it comes time to manufacturer. It took me 2 years and huge sums of money to do a thing. The moment it was ready, it was copied. It is simple to do now but took much to get it right the first time. The capital become a 100% loss as it was copied the moment I said I finally had it right. The revenue off of this was going to partly go towards new things in that area that had not been done before including new chemistries, the other part was going to go towards the benifit of CPF. The ones who took over are just changing the sizes and have not interest in pushing forward.

There is alot of truth that development slows when the copiers and not the originators make the sales.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Now thats a pretty rotten comment. How could YOU know that? Exactly, you don't. What you are saying is that everybody just copies Surefire. Or are you just really uncomfortable with the fact that someone as come out with a really good light at a MUCH better price?

I am very comfortable with what I said. If my comments upset people I just have to live with it. By speaking the truth as I see it hurts my reputation, so be it. The only thing I currently have is my conscience. Also, how could I know?

Do you know these people? Have you met them?

I met them almost three years ago and had a long converstion with them. In all I have had about 8 hours talk time with them. I don't no everything but I do know somethings.

I know its bad for a vendor to get involved in these kind of things and it is bad for business.....but sometimes a person has to realize that the business is not nearly as important as some other things.

Last edited: