Are RED Zevo LEDs discontinued?

Qship1996

Enlightened
Needed to replace license tag bulbs on the 02 Highlander, decided on Zevo 168s so I will not need to repeat in future hopefully. As I viewed Sylvania fitment guide for my model, I was shocked to see them recommending 6000K WHITE 7443 Zevos for the brake/tail lamps!!!!! Upon further looking around their website, I did not see any RED zevo bulbs listed, anyone have any insight?????

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
License plate/tags lights have clear lenses. Both of my cars, 2018 pilot, and 2021 passport have very cool leds for tag lights from factory, visibly around 6000-6500k, look pretty bad when tailgate is opened, reminds me of cheap led lights with cheap almost blue leds, but they light up gold and white lic. plates pretty good, especially white plates.

Qship1996

Enlightened
Gross!
You're wise to reject the 6000K white LEDs behind a red lens. It results in a pinkish-brown (or is it brownish-pink?) color. Not good.

They still list the 7443R ("R" for "red"), as well as the 7443A ("A" for "amber").
If you look at the link you provided above for the RED 7443, it states "unavailable", same for every other RED Zevo I looked for, wonder if that is permanent due to a quality issue, or temporary due to supply chain issues? Either way, wreckless for Sylvania to try to substitute a white LED in positions behind a red lens just because they currently cant sell you the proper RED one.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at the link you provided above for the RED 7443, it states "unavailable", same for every other RED Zevo
Advance Auto let me add it to the cart, but it's possible there's a supply chain issue or something. No telling for sure.

Of note is they (Sylvania) now have a listing for a 921R, so there may be hope for the '01 Corolla-- but I have no performance or availability data for it.

Nicholas9876

Newly Enlightened
Needed to replace license tag bulbs on the 02 Highlander, decided on Zevo 168s so I will not need to repeat in future hopefully. As I viewed Sylvania fitment guide for my model, I was shocked to see them recommending 6000K WHITE 7443 Zevos for the brake/tail lamps!!!!! Upon further looking around their website, I did not see any RED zevo bulbs listed, anyone have any insight?????
Check on Amazon. I bought a pair of red 7443 Zevos at Canadian Tire.

I am under the impression that you're in the US.

jzchen

Enlightened
Be careful buying on Amazon. Per Sylvania warranty policy as noted on their website: "Purchases made on Amazon.com must state: 'ships from and sold by iServe' in order to be considered an authorized retailer."