Armytek Wizard C2 Pro Nichia: UI notes

mobi

Newly Enlightened
I got the Armytek Wizard C2 Pro Nichia last week. It took some time to figure out the UI.

This post is not a tutorial on the UI. I'm sharing some notes I made that help me navigate the different modes of the light. Perhaps these notes will be helpful also to other new users.

The user controls the light by the yellow switch. Another way to control the light is by unscrewing the tailcap, and tightening the tailcap.

Again, the only ways to make inputs to the light are by clicking the switch, holding and releasing the switch, and by manipulating the tailcap.

I broke these inputs into what I call simple actions and complex actions.

There are 8 simple actions:
1. Press-and-hold-switch
2. Release-switch-after-press-and-hold
3. Single-click
4. Double-click
5. Triple-click
6. Quadruple-click
7. Twist-tailcap-1/4-turn-off
8. Twist-tailcap-1/4-turn-on

There are 2 complex actions which I will describe using the numbers of the simple actions:
7 + 1 + 8 + 7 + 2
7 + 1 + 8 + 2

Thus 7 + 1 + 8 + 2 =
Twist-tailcap-1/4-turn-off
Press-and-hold-switch
Twist-tailcap-1/4-turn-on
Release-switch-after-press-and-hold

This sequence toggles the light between General operation and Advanced operation.

It seems to me that the user has to keep the following things in mind to effectively use the light.

The user should be aware of the state of the light. There are two states: ON and OFF.

The user should be aware of the current operation type. There are two operation types: General and Advanced.

The user should be aware of what section is currently active. There are 4 sections: Firefly, Main, Turbo and Strobe.

The user should be aware what mode they are in. There are 11 modes in total.

To give an example:

With the flashlight in General operation type, and turned on, pushing and holding the switch cycles through the Main modes. But there is an exception to this rule. If the light is in Firefly 1 mode, holding the switch down first activates Firefly 2 mode before beginning the cycling of the Main modes.

Another thing to keep in mind is the last used mode in each section. The light memorizes these settings. So if someone is using Turbo 1 at some point during Advanced operation, and that is the last Turbo setting they accessed during Advanced operation, then if they switch to General operation the lone Turbo option in General operation will also be Turbo 1.

Like I said, this is not meant to be a tutorial. But realizing all the things I must be aware of while handling the headlamp and knowing all the actions I can perform on it has allowed me to get closer to being proficient at its use.

Last edited: