Battery options Wuben?

BlacklightAF

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I've just purchased a Wuben L50 LED flashlight. Battery is an 18650 type with circuit protection 2600 mAh. Wuben also offer higher mAh ratings which I assume are also safe to use in this?
My main question is, as the Wuben branded batteries are only available from their website and postage is higher than the actual battery cost, what would forum members suggest as an alternative option for an additional back up?

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything QUALITY, established name-brand, of acceptable length for the light (not exceeding that of the OE cells if in doubt), and 'max. continuous' (and perhaps 'pulse' [short duration]) output current rating. More capacity would be icing on the cake. If you're not familiar with the reputation of the manufacturer / source, think twice. You have an appropriate(?) example to reference for actual numbers, which could vary depending on the light. Last but not least, from an established, quality vendor who covers your location (shipping, etc.). Not having all that info, I can't recommend specifically (and am not a cell expert anyway), but a little searching with that info will find what you need. Aside from manufacturer data, Battery Junction, while perhaps not and ideal source given its location, lists most / all of these specifications / parameters for nearly every cell that they carry, which is a pretty extensive line. It could provide some good data in one place.

Get ready for Silverstone this weekend!!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You're going to want to be careful with which aftermarket 18650 you buy. Ironically not all are the same. One from one company will be fully compatible. Another one that looks as though it should be, may not work at all. Heck, check out the 18650-based lights offered by Klarus. They make multiple 18650 variations for their different 18650 models. Be sure to pair up the right variation with the right model, otherwise you just wasted a good chunk of money on the wrong 18650. Thankfully it's mostly just Klarus that does this nonsense.

I'd suggest biting the bullet and ordering the extra battery from Wuben. At least you know there won't be any compatibility issues with it.