BatteryJunction 3W Iota LED Light

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
I've been playing with this light for the past few days and comparing it to my Fenix L1P and Nuwai QIII (two other bargain favorites here on CPF).

The particular details can be found at: http://www.batteryjunction.com/iota.html

The form factor is somewhere in between the L1P and the QIII. It appears to be HAII anodized (including the interior) everywhere but the threads. The finish is a bright black, rather than the matte of the QIII. The unit is a three piece design consisting of O-ring sealed head, battery body and tailcap. The tailcap is a rubber covered reverse clickie, not recessed (cannot stand in candle mode) and quite firm. The machining is pretty good with machining marks visible mainly on the hexagonal bezel.

Performance-wise, using just my eyes, the Iota is brighter than both the QIII and the L1P. It has a larger hotspot, but smaller corona than the L1P. Compared to the QIII, it has a tighter, smaller hotspot and smaller corona. It was also whiter than both the L1P and QIII (probably due to the advertised T-bin emitter)

Overall I'd say this flashlight will make an excellent addition to the ranks of bargain 3W Lux-III lights. The only thing I would like improved is a tougher HAIII matte finish.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice... how's the switch?

Personally, I really like the form factor of the Fenix and the Inova X1 and it will take a lot to pull me away from the Fenix as an EDC but having more options is rarely a bad thing.

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
cratz2 said:
Looks nice... how's the switch?

Personally, I really like the form factor of the Fenix and the Inova X1 and it will take a lot to pull me away from the Fenix as an EDC but having more options is rarely a bad thing.

The switch is pretty good. It is highly unlikely to activate on its own (takes a firm press). It is not mushy and the action is quite positive. One of my personal tests for these reverse clickie "tacticals" is how easily I can send an SOS and it is quite easy to do with this one.

My Fenix L1P is still my EDC for belt carry, but the IOTA has become my new briefcase flashlight.