Best Cellphone Plans & Comparison Websites

Wacki

Newly Enlightened
My contract is up and I'm wondering if I should stick with current carrier:

This website is nice:

http://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones

Any others I should look at?

I'm worried about coverage...
Seems like verizon is expensive and T-Mobile & Sprint are much cheaper. Not sure how the reception would be at my girlfriends house as she lives in the boon-docks. So I'm nervous about switching.

Any advice?

I'm a light user. My cycle ends in two days and I've used

• 177 anytime
  • 0.364 GB data
  • 174 text messages

With Wifi at work and home it's easy being a light user. However, I'm happy to pay a premium so I don't have to stress about going over. I'm going on month to month right now and I'm not sure if I want to lose my unlimited plan by renewing the contract. I'm debating if I should just buy a new no-contract phone off of amazon.

RollingRage

Newly Enlightened
I would see if they can offer you a retention plan when you call in to cancel. It's easier for them to keep an existing customer than it is to acquire a new one. When you call in say you have been pretty dissatisfied and are considering other options. Which carrier are you with?

As one great reference (Canadian) they posted a manual on how to get the best deals with the retention company (specifically for Rogers but it can be applied to other companies)

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
How about $100 a year? T Mobile's prepaid phone you pay $100 for 1,000 minutes and one year activation. Also the best part is if you renew before the end of the year, by buying another $100/1,000 minutes, they roll over your unused minutes.