Brightest Spotlight?

coachblalock

Newly Enlightened
I have the K75. I told you about it above, in post #26. There are also some good youtube reviews on it.

It's one of the longest throwing lights available, at 2500 meters. It's large, and not one that you will carry in your pocket. It does come with a detachable handle. I think it would be a good light for your situation that you originally described.

I carry mine in this military surplus case that I got in an antique shop. What else would you like to know?

View attachment 54330

View attachment 54331
Yessir! I saw it and started researching it. I like what I'm seeing. Thanks for the follow up. I need it to keep on the table beside my back door. I live back in the woods on 200 acres in East Texas. When my dogs start barking, there is no telling what it might be. (Wolves, Panther, bobcat, Coon, drug addict, thief, etc…) The K75 might be a little over my budget, but it looks like it's probably worth it. It's my top choice at the moment!

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Would you recommend the old version or the K75 2.0?
Man, I wish I lived in the middle of nowhere like that. Wanna sell me 5 acres in a far corner and I'll put a small cabin right in the middle of it? I'll throw in the K75 with the deal, haha. I'm a good neighbor, I promise! We're crowded into a river valley around here, and you simply cannot find a property, even on the back roads, that's far enough from other houses to not hear their dogs barking ... and EVERYONE has dogs these days. Not that I dislike dogs, I just despise irresponsible pet owners. A dog in a tiny yard in town that barks constantly is not a happy animal. I'm a Realtor, and I've had people sell their properties and move because of neighbors' dogs. Sad.

Anyway, after glancing at both versions of the K75, I can't really see any differences. Seems like same price, lumens, throw distance, etc. You may have to research that a little more, or call battery junction and see if they can tell you.

@IMA SOL MAN , I got that box for $25, and the foam inserts from my K75 factory box fit perfectly into it.

Last edited:

coachblalock

Newly Enlightened
I'm also looking at the X75. It has almost the same throw but a lot more light.

We are bordered by a lake dam on the North, several thousand acres of timberland across the river on the East, 4 miles of timberland and pastures on the South, and a Farm to Market road on the West.

We live almost a mile off of the FM road. There are several 500-1000 acre tracks all around us, so yes, we live out in the middle of nowhere.

It gets very dark out here at night. I usually kill a hundred or so hogs every year. I catch an alligator every year. I could kill a dozen or so but the limit is one in my county. We have a mountain lion (Panther) that comes though here about every 6 weeks or so.

I need a bright light to keep on the table by the door!

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I briefly considered the X75, but it doesn't appeal to me. Quite a bit more expensive. $399 compared to $279.

Half the throw - 1150 meters compared to 2500.

I'm not into proprietary battery packs. I'd rather have 18650s or 21700s that I can charge in a charger, carry a spare set if needed, replace when needed - and not necessarily have to charge in the light. USB charging and power bank capabilities are features that I don't personally need.

Also not into cooling fans. Noisy, and seems like something else to fail in camping & outdoor weather conditions. The ad even mentions that the fan is replaceable if damaged by water, sand, or dust ... so there's that.

Seems like more expense for more bells and whistles that I don't need. Of course, that can vary from one user to another.

coachblalock

Newly Enlightened
Got my X75 in last night. Charged it up overnight and tested it out tonight.

The throw goes all the way to the woods all around my Homesite and the light is incredibly bright. The fan is quiet. It doesn't come on unless you put it on turbo for a while.

I hated to pay that much, but it really is perfect for what I needed. And, I'm pretty sure that a person would have a hard time looking into it from at least 400 meters.

I'm glad I got it!

Coach

Ocelot808

Enlightened
The BP8 battery pack may be pricey but it transforms the X75 from a fun light to a ridiculously fun one by doubling runtime. The 8 cell is how the light should have come stock with the 4 cell as an option for light weight. With the handle it's not too bad to carry.

One thing you might notice with the 4 cell battery the light shuts down if you hit turbo when the charge drops below 40%, even though it still works on all other modes. The 8 cell fixes that.

The BP8 allows for ten THOUSAND sustained lumens for almost 2 full hours with the fan. That's almost untouchable by any other LED light.

With the tremendous output of the X75 the stock 4 cell battery feels like a gas tank that is just too small for the monster engine it's feeding. It's the only real downside but the BP8 eliminates it entirely. I'm sure you will agree with how much better it is with the BP8. Have fun!

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Acebeam X75 is the one light on my list for 2024 w/ the extended pack purchase. I agree, the longer pack should have come standard on the X75. I'm guessing Acebeam thought it would have been too cost prohibitive for most potential buyers.

coachblalock

Newly Enlightened
The BP8 is a difference maker!!!

It makes the X75 a little brighter and stays on as long as you need it. If you have an X75, get a BP8. (Or 2)

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Anyone interested in a BP8:

They are getting difficult to get ahold of. Obviously Acebeam is not selling a lot of them due to the high price tag. Despite really healthy sales of the X75.

Batteryjunction.com has them for $165 instead of Acebeam's ridiculous $220. A few left. Where I found mine.

Acebeam was out of stock of the BP8 for nine months and just recently added more, but has only 3 left. I thought it was discontinued.

I'm upset with them because they should offer it at a minimum profit margin as a thank you for all the X75 buyers out there that have already spent more than $350 on the light. Should be half the current asking price.

When the X75 first came out the BP8 was $180, then 6 months later they jacked it up to $220 instead of discounting it.

Cardiac arrest price aside, there's no question it hugely improves performance and is what the light should come with stock.

Ocelot808

Enlightened
For hardcore spotlight performance nothing quite matches HID for throwing a very wide beam very far.

My trusty old Lightforce Blitz 240 10 inch 70 Watt HID just dominates with almost 4 Mcd intensity. 7000 lumens reaching about 2 miles. About 10 years old now. Among the ranks of great things long discontinued.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
For hardcore spotlight performance nothing quite matches HID for throwing a very wide beam very far.

My trusty old Lightforce Blitz 240 10 inch 70 Watt HID just dominates with almost 4 Mcd intensity. 7000 lumens reaching about 2 miles. About 10 years old now. Among the ranks of great things long discontinued.

Yea, I'm glad they haven't discontinued the Litebox. I got mine NIB off of ebay about four years ago for $100. I think they are about $600 now at least. The original OEM battery was dead, so I went to Interstate and bought a better replacement battery and put it in, the seller even refunded me for the price of the battery! It love this light!!! It even came with the cradle charger and the wall wart charger, and the diffuser filter. The shoulder strap is very useful because it's not light weight. The secondary navigation LED's are about worthless. I was thinking about upgrading them to some warm 5mm Yuji's, or deep red 5mm's or something, maybe even green, but I don't see how.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one Acebeam X75 few days ago. This light is different from other flashlights in this class because it is designed by someone who knows physics. The light is made of three modules connected tighter: the light engine, with the 12 LED installed on an exposed heat block; the frame, with a removable handle; and the battery. The copper heatsink and the fan do handle the heat flow generated by the LEDs in a way no other flashlight does; it can generate 20 K Lumens for 20 minutes or 10K Lumens for one hour, with a totally flat curve, and limited exclusively by the battery capacity. The X75 do peak at 80K Lumens for few minutes. That peak of light is useful for brief inquiries and is truly impressive.
The X75 is not much bigger than a traditional 6 Volt lantern; I have a modern version of that old form factor, a Klarus RS10 lantern, which is slightly bigger than the X75 - but obviously it is much lighter.
I live in the UK, which - compared to the US - is a flashlight desert. I have no possibility at the moment to buy the eight cells battery, because none of the dealers have it available, and ACEBEAM is also out of stock. Maybe in the future, as I have no rush. Consider I encountered the same problem with the Fenix LR60R - for the time being, I can't get an additional battery for it. Nice thing about the ACEBEAM X75 - is that it charges from empty in one hour, with my 100 Watt Shargeek and Zendure power banks. Additionally, it can operate while charging.
I find the X75 to be outstanding. It complements my set of other light when out in the dark. I didn't buy it for a specific purpose, I acquired it because I'm a flashaholic and the X75 is designed scientifically, and not just for market profits.
Greetings to all,
Anthony

Ocelot808

Enlightened
I bought one Acebeam X75 few days ago. This light is different from other flashlights in this class because it is designed by someone who knows physics.

Very well written and absolutely rings true. To me the strongest element of the X75's performance is the ability to sustain high lumen output continuously for extended periods without stepping down output like the majority of lumen monster designs. Nothing else comes quite close.

Unfortunately, it is this constant output and cooling fan operation that exposes the weakest link in the X75 chain: the battery capacity. The 8-cell battery completely ameliorates the problem and increases the fun factor by nearly doubling sustained runtimes.

I sincerely hope that somehow you obtain one in the future. The runtime gains easily outweigh the size and weight penalty.

The only improvements I would like to see would be an extended runtime minimum level of <50 lumens. A 900 lumen "ultra low" is silly. Plus a battery capacity level indicator that linear, at least 5 elements instead of the "red light and party's over" existing setup.

Otherwise, easily one of the most well rounded designs you can get: build quality, applied engineering, and sheer performance. Welcome to the X75 realm.

Cheers!