• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Costco is Liquidating its Energizer AA Lithium 20-paks for $10.

I don't know if this liquidation sale is chain-wide, but all of the Costco stores in the metro-Columbus Ohio area have marked down their remaining supply of Energizer AA Lithium 20-paks to $9.99. Two of the three Costco stores I checked are already sold out; the third had only a dozen 20-paks remaining.

These same stores have also bulked up the shelf space for Duracell alkaline cells significantly, which leads me to suspect that the lithium AA's will soon be gone for good (although perhaps Costco may bring them back for Christmas 2020).

Get 'em if you can.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I saw mega packs of AA's marked down at Sams Club last Christmas. Trouble is no mark downs on triple A's. No mega packs either.

Hopefully this does signal the end of the ultimate lithium battery. Yet for what, $20 at Costco you can sure have a nice stockpile.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
They don't show them as being in stock online in my Costco which shows my zip code, so anyone else out there might want to check that out first before going to their store. I would get some if they had them here.

light-modder

Enlightened
I saw mega packs of AA's marked down at Sams Club last Christmas. Trouble is no mark downs on triple A's. No mega packs either.

Hopefully this does signal the end of the ultimate lithium battery. Yet for what, $20 at Costco you can sure have a nice stockpile.

Why do you hope it's the end of the ultimate lithium?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
They've been $13/20 for a year or so at the local branch - perhaps I'll snag another two packs and not have to worry about my backup alkaleaks any more.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
They were full price the last few months around here but I went today just to check. Gone.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You aren't missing anything as they are still selling them at Sam's Club for about $20 or so or on sale for $16 to $18. I wish I knew someone local that had a costco membership so I could get some AAAs for cheap I bought a pack of them on sale at sams when they were cheaper and Have a bunch of AAs I got from a guy years ago for 50 cents each if you buy 60 of them. My AAAs are down to about 6 of them and I use them in a few remotes and outdoor thermometer sensors. I could use about 20-30 of them to last me another 10 years or so.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Crud i dont have a cosco or sams near me. I dont have a membership anyway

I regret to report that as of June 15th, Costco's website does not show Energizer AA lithium primary cells among ANY of its online battery offerings.

Pray for a Christmas Miracle, that 20-packs of these may return to fill your stocking.

(I wouldn't hold out much hope for mega-packs of AAA's though.)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
They still have them at Sam's Club but normal price of $22 for 18 batteries not at all tempting.

Nice. The three metro Columbus Ohio stores are now stocking only Duracell and Kirkland-branded cells. (I was hunting for a birthday gift, and earlier today visited all three stores. They carry slightly different stocks. No lithium cells though.)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Sound almost like Costco had a falling out with Energizer and got a sweetheart deal with Duracell perhaps. I don't see Energizer lithiums being discontinued by any existing technology out in the market today it would take their patent expiring and/or a better battery to supplant it. I'm not sure when their patent runs out but they probably have done something to extend it further so nobody else can make lithium AA/AAA primaries.
I'm waiting for L91s to go on sale again at Sam's club as I'm down to less than 5 and I put them in expensive remotes and some outdoor devices.