Earth Hour is Today March 25th

Poppy

Flashaholic
Earth hour is a great way to prepare for an outage.
Which lights do you plan to use?
Can you get to your radio? Do the batteries in it work?
Can you find a board game to play? Maybe a deck of cards?

Let us know your plans, and how they worked out.
Earth Hour

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Earth hour is a great way to prepare for an outage.
Which lights do you plan to use?
Can you get to your radio? Do the batteries in it work?
Can you find a board game to play? Maybe a deck of cards?

Let us know your plans, and how they worked out.
Earth Hour
i plan to visit earth one day

bridgman

Enlightened
My reaction was "OMG is it March already ?".

Good time to charge all the lights and spare batteries.

I have been rediscovering my Streamlight Survivor, which seems to be able to run for a couple of weeks in moonlight mode. It's only 175 lumens at best but "low" still has a pretty bright spot beam and runs for 10+ hours on cheap AA alkalines. I need to use it more - I somehow ended up with 50 or so AA alkalines that I need to use up before they turn back into ooze.

Attachments

• thumbnail_64807753-51E6-49D6-B8EC-8C65D5A601C7.jpg
    thumbnail_64807753-51E6-49D6-B8EC-8C65D5A601C7.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I took a drive the other night just for kicks and giggles and noticed what seems like 30-40% of the homes I saw were lit up inside with all kinds of bright lights out doors as well. I could turn off my headlights on some streets and see just fine.

I thought "you knuckleheads think you're safe but studies show home invasions occur mostly in the daytime while you are at work earning the money to pay your exorbitant high electric bill".... but hey, they're using LED's so they're helping save the planet, right?

When I was a kid you'd better turn off the light when you left a room otherwise mom would holler "turn out the light" and dad would holler "listen to your mother". Mom had a spidee sense that knew if you left a light on without even looking. And dad couldn't hear the phone ring but he could sure hear if that light switch didn't go "click". We had "mercury" switches that clicked for on or off.

Yup earth day is earth day at the Fixer house hold thanks to decades of old school instructions.

Poppy

Flashaholic
All of that decorative lighting adds to light pollution. Light pollution is so bad in New Jersey, that I have to go to the center of a State Park to be able to see a night sky with shooting stars.