• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D4vn V2 - Smallest 18650 Quad R

Agpp

Enlightened
Furthermore, electronic lockout of Andruil is quite awesome with momentary 2-mode light available. Quite often you can light up whatever you need without even unlocking.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Ti-Cu + Brass added
Prices are now $20 cheaper :)
Polished & PHC is a pain on this light so its pricey

Al $115
Brass $125
TiCu $135
White2 5400K Default

adoaGu7.jpg

HU2KQzg.jpg

Oh and yes I prefer D4vn V2 Ti-Cu over FW3vn Cu-Ti altough I normally prefer rear switch.

jasaero

Newly Enlightened
Hey All. I purchased a couple non-vn D4 Ti/copper straight from Emisar direct at Intl outdoors. Found booth have sharp threads. Cut is good, but so precisely almost any tiny debris makes the cap removal install grindy or even tough to pull off. Wanted to ask Vinh if his Ti/copper hosts were similar? Suspect it's a cost savings with the spendier stock billet in general and harder to cut Ti in particular. Am curious though if that's the norm or if other units in Ti/cu were still square cut?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hey All. I purchased a couple non-vn D4 Ti/copper straight from Emisar direct at Intl outdoors. Found booth have sharp threads. Cut is good, but so precisely almost any tiny debris makes the cap removal install grindy or even tough to pull off. Wanted to ask Vinh if his Ti/copper hosts were similar? Suspect it's a cost savings with the spendier stock billet in general and harder to cut Ti in particular. Am curious though if that's the norm or if other units in Ti/cu were still square cut?

A bit of NO-OX-ID and some use makes it smooth :)

ftumch33

Enlightened
Since we`re talking about the Emisar D4V2 ;)
Is there any way to change the switch to a forward clicky?
I love the light but I`m not overly fond of the slight delay of the switch

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Since we`re talking about the Emisar D4V2 ;)
Is there any way to change the switch to a forward clicky?
I love the light but I`m not overly fond of the slight delay of the switch

I may be mistaken, but I don't think this will be possible as the light uses a digital switch vs the machanical forward or reverse clicky's.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone here have both this light White2 5400K Throw Optics Only: 3900L, 45kcd, 424m
and the LumintopVn 4 x W2?

There are tons of topic threads and posts on these two stock lights in the forums, but I would like to ask Vinh and the Vinh54 community about objective and subjective compare/contrast these two lights, the Vn versions, max throw vs max lumens vs other salient criteria.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Ooops, I left that part out. FW3Avn.

I won't be a lot of help because my D4's are quad 351 and XPL's.

I know that Vinh favors just about any version of the D4vnV2, unless someone specifically needs a tail switch. He has stated that he likes the FW3Tvn but isn't as big of a fan of the FW3Avn because he says for him, it's just too light, heats up more quickly and doesn't feel as solid. It's great however, if someone really wants a lightweight 18650 that can do 3750L and 44Kcd, while understanding its limited thermal capabilities.

The FW3 has a smaller aperture, so in order to fit the quad optic in the head it has to be shaved/trimmed down in diameter. This causes the some mild, asymmetric petal-ing on the edges of the hotspot, mainly seen when wall hunting, which I don't see with the D4. Since the LED's are closer to the edges of bezel in the FW3vn, it probably doesn't get lumens OTF as efficiently as the D4vnV2. I'm guessing that there's probably less resistance in the D4's switch as well. I prefer to carry the FW3 because of the tail switch and solid clip but when it comes to beam quality and maximum performance the D4vnV2 is probably better.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, Patriot. Your detailed and valuable observations are just what I am looking for. Better heat management versus lower weight. More solid feel versus less weight for mouth hold. Smaller diameter versus better beam performance/better beam profile.

Side switch: My fingers land near it, quick rotation in fingers to find it.

Tail switch: I know exactly where it is, but my fingertips land far away from it, and more manipulation needed to get my fingertip on the switch. But, tail switch is better for mouth hold smaller lights.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am continuing to round out the small light department of my collection. Today, a few months late to the party, arrived the D4V2vn with throw optics and 4x White 2 emitters, 4020 lumens and 429 meters throw.

The first thing is the amazing throw. I tried to visualize the throw from seeing the spec, but I had to see it to be amazed. This light is the throwiest of the seven lights that I am comparing it with. 4,020 lumens and a nice, well tempered beam profile yielding 429 meters throw in a single 18650 compact light is just an amazing sight to behold.

It does get hot in turbo fast, as known and expected.

Size: A little bit more head diameter than the S2 Baton, and significantly shorter than the E4K.

An amazing beam profile/beam performance from this size classification!

Left to right, if the pic attaches correct pois: P60vn Cryos 4 x XP-L, MMU-X3vn 3 x XHP 50.2, TM9Kvn 9 x XP-L, NSX53vn 3 x XHP50.2, E4Kvn 4 x XP-L, D4V2vn 4 x W2, S2 Baton. stock.View attachment 11850

Patriot

Flashaholic
Rich, all of those lights are quite cool! It really puts it in perspective to think that short, little D4vn has more throw than all of the others. I like that you mentioned how short it is, yet it doesn't have a really tiny head. It actually turns out being nearly perfect size for that optic and the performance speaks for itself. It makes me happy that you're so pleased with it!

daffy

Enlightened
I am continuing to round out the small light department of my collection. Today, a few months late to the party, arrived the D4V2vn with throw optics and 4x White 2 emitters, 4020 lumens and 429 meters throw.

The first thing is the amazing throw. I tried to visualize the throw from seeing the spec, but I had to see it to be amazed. This light is the throwiest of the seven lights that I am comparing it with. 4,020 lumens and a nice, well tempered beam profile yielding 429 meters throw in a single 18650 compact light is just an amazing sight to behold.

It does get hot in turbo fast, as known and expected.

Size: A little bit more head diameter than the S2 Baton, and significantly shorter than the E4K.

An amazing beam profile/beam performance from this size classification!

Left to right, if the pic attaches correct pois: P60vn Cryos 4 x XP-L, MMU-X3vn 3 x XHP 50.2, TM9Kvn 9 x XP-L, NSX53vn 3 x XHP50.2, E4Kvn 4 x XP-L, D4V2vn 4 x W2, S2 Baton. stock.View attachment 11850
Any beam shots please?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Patriot, Thank you for you kind reply!

Hello daffy, I do not have the photography equipment nor the skills for decent beamshots; I have tried, and they come out badly.

For me, better is to describe new light "A" beam profile/beam performance compared to older, recognized light "B".