Eternalight Ergo 3

Greymage

Enlightened
I just received my Eternalight Ergo 3 from Sigman's sale. It is awesome! I'd never ordered one before because they looked stupid, but after holding one and using... er, ok, playing... with it a while I love it! It has a nice solid feel, and actually has a decent beam pattern and throw (which surprised me considering the layout of the LEDs), and while it is not as bright as my KL1 it is not bad at all. The best part about it is the number of dim settings - I wish the little luxeon flashlights coming out had these for when ultrabright is too bright. I'm going to throw lithiums in it and make it my primary car emergency flashlight.

I don't want to sound like an Eternalight salesman, but I think everyone who passed on this because of its shape should rethink it and give it another try. I may have to get a PAL light too, I guess I shouldn't be so prejudiced against rectangular lights.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Glad to hear you like it!

Gandalph sold me my first one (with the green/white option)...my brother ended up with that one...so I replaced it with another G/W, a R/W, and an Elite XRay. Oh..and my two boys also each have one!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

They are going to miss their "brother", give it a good home!

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greymage,

I agree with you wholeheartedly - the Eternalights are fantastic! And this is coming from someone who is already accustomed to the likes of the luxeon-monsters like the Arc LS, Badboys, Madmaxes, Lambda Illuminator, 5W cyan LS mods and the mammothian LW4000.

I also own a few good incandescents (SF6P, PT40, Legend LX) and a UK-LC100 HID - but the eternalights fill a niche no other light can, simply because it does so much.

When loaded up with lithiums, its a supremely nice feeling to know that you can stow this light anywhere and it'll be ready for duty for years to come. And even in use, YOU control how much runtime and brightness you want depending on your own situation. There'll always be the compromise between runtime and brightness, but at least the Eternalight gives you the choice. How many lights can offer 3 months (or more) runtime? Since AA's are used, its so cheap to replace batteries too, if you stick to alkalines.

And I like knowing too that I can bring it for most any activity since it shrugs off rain and even a good dunking. Tough too - Heaven knows how many times I've flung (not dropped - *flung*) mine against walls, filing cabinets, tarmac...etc during demos.

While it was an Inova keychain light that got me started on LED flashlights, it was the Eternalight that drove me to flashaholicism in the nth degree!
grin.gif

Funnily enough - even though I now have every single model in their lineup (Elite XRay, Elite Marine, Ergo Marine, Raven, Ergo XRay) - my fave is still the Ergo 3 + lithiums.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hosfelt sells the X-Ray (not Elite) for about $35. Excellent light. Brighter than my X5 & X5T. TX

Kiessling

Flashaholic
yeah, right guys !
I got my ergo3 with red/white option today and I fully agree with everything you said.
bernhard
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

darkgear sells them. I've been wanting one for awhile myself.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Eppes Corner has had the top of the Eternalight line, the Elite Xray, for $50 for some time. Their site is down for repair, but here's the URL:

http://www.eppes.com/
Full retail is $80, BTW.

I love my EternaLights; arguably the best single power failure light available.
icon14.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
Eppes Corner has had the top of the Eternalight line, the Elite Xray, for $50 for some time. Their site is down for repair, but here's the URL:

http://www.eppes.com/
Full retail is $80, BTW.

I love my EternaLights; arguably the best single power failure/emergengy light available.
icon14.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought from Heartland with no problem. For that price, I might buy again, shortly. I'll see if I can find a wed site. TX

dilettante

Newly Enlightened
$38 and change after shipping and their $1.99 "order processing fee"
frown.gif
Still, that's about the price of the light alone at another place I like to shop . . .

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
As a manufacturer who relies on dealers, please understand that we can not discount or we stab our dealers in the back. Thanks for the kind words guys!

Latest posts