EternaLight question

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't seem to find the topic, but I seem to remember a few months ago reading somewhere on our forum that TechAssoc is planning on (or toying around with the idea of...) putting out a AAA cell version of their lights. Can anybody shed any "light" on this? I know I read it somewhere, but I can't remember if it was just someone else's wishful thinking, or if it's truly a possibility. If they were to come out with a AAA cell version, I know that I'd be in line to buy a couple of them! I like my EternaLights, but if there were a AAA version, I know that I'd carry it far more often. Thanx in advance...

PJD

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also heard that, and I would second your suggestion.

My all time favorite LED flashlight, the Neon Star (very much like the Eternalight Rav'n-except the Leds are on the front of the light), seemingly runs just about FOREVER on it's 4-AAA power..-drawing a whopping 65mA with all 4 of it's LEDs going full blast.
smile.gif
tongue.gif

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
Yes, we expect our first AAA light to be out 1Q 2003, along with the ELiteMax. At the moment, it is called the Derringer. It will also be our lowest cost light (the EliteMax our highest). We have licensed out our technology to a partner so it was co-developed. Thus, you will probably see a unit identical to the Derringer and at the same price but under a different name at around the same time.

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
Dana,

Your are free to ask. And hehe, I'm free to not answer
wink.gif
It is confidential at this time. I have said all I can say. Thanks.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom, HeHe back at cha..
wink.gif
I'm gonna sic the brainyacks at CPF on this!!! Mystery is not allowed.
twak.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Tom and Dana,

I have a psychic premonition that it's NOT Mag-Lite.
tongue.gif

- Don

BTW, I look forward to the AAA version
grin.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,
I didn't know you were a psychic....but I have heard rummers something about a psycho. :>) TX