Eternalight X-Ray question

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am considering one, due to it's overall brightness, long runtime and useful dimming modes.

does anyone find the unshielded LED's to be distracting? does light "backwash" become bothersome?

thanks,
Bob

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I primarily use mine when camping for wandering around the campsite at night. I haven't noticed any problem with backlighting - these are very nice lights.

Mike

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I have one and have never had any problems with backwash. I particularly like it for night travel. I can use the dimmest mode to read a map or adjust a GPS unit without bothering other folks. My only complaint is that the Eternalight doesn't remember the last mode it was in. When you turn it on you have to cycle through all of the modes.

KenBar

Enlightened
FYI...
If you care, you can carefully "push" the led's back into the rubber ring so as not to stick out. I did this for a few weeks till the novelty wore off. I now have them back where they originally were. I found that I actually liked them sticking out. I did substitute a red and blue led for the inner 2 led's.

JoeyL

Enlightened
You can also put a short length of heat-shrink tubing on each led and this cuts out the backwash entirely. It's one of my favorite LED lights.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by pedalinbob:
does anyone find the unshielded LED's to be distracting? does light "backwash" become bothersome?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
icon14.gif
Doesn't bother me at all! I really appreciate my EternaLights!
icon14.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found that if it's bothering me, I can hold the light in a vertical position & by correctly positioning my thumb, block all the light comming back at me. Realy isn't much of a problem. TX

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The unshielded LEDs is why I don't own an Eternalight. I can tolerate unshielded LEDs in a Photon II, but an Eternalight would see more than momentary useage so that just doesn't work for me. Yet many people love 'em.