FOX 5.3: Frustrating holster search; any suggestions?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Because the Fox 2 ounce spray cannister (personal spray, not the Tigerlight unit) is wider than most other pepper spray cans I've had a heck of a time finding a good nylon belt holster (with flap) for it. I've found some that were too tight, one that fit but was open and exposed the flip handle and nozzle, some that fit but had loose belt loops or poorly designed clips, etc.

I haven't checked Ripoffs yet because I've never seen a Ripoffs holster that looked appropriate for the Fox unit, and I don't recall any CPF LEO mentioning that he carried Fox spray.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Brightnorm

philc5b

Newly Enlightened
Online check out Gall's web site under mace they have numerous holders. At home go where the LEO's go and you'll find something I use an Uncle Mikes side kick I bought years ago for another brand on pepper spray and it works great for the 2 oz. Fox spray.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
philc5b said:
Online check out Gall's web site under mace they have numerous holders. At home go where the LEO's go and you'll find something I use an Uncle Mikes side kick I bought years ago for another brand on pepper spray and it works great for the 2 oz. Fox spray.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil,

I ordered the Uncle Mike's Sidekick.

Thanks,
Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
John, they are a little big for my purposes

drchow, nice but I wanted flapped holsters

Thanks to you both,
Brightnorm

drchow

Newly Enlightened
Brightnorm, I recommend against flap holster unless your concerned about retention issues during "grabs".

The flap really slows down the deployment time.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ripoff is actually a fairly large holster. It was bigger than the Mace can I used to carry. Depending on the type of top/actuator the can uses, a flap might be a necessity. If it's just an open top without any sort of safety or the little flip up protectors, a flap will help keep it from going off unitentially.