GE Reveal A19 LEDs - two different versions?

wonderchimp5

Newly Enlightened
Is the color still acceptable in the 800lm version? I just added a few to my Amazon cart and I'm hesitating. Is it a big difference from the 680lm version? I'm using those now, but a brighter bulb would be nice.

I have had all 3 versions of the LED reveal bulbs. It was driving me crazy because I didn't understand why they weren't matching in color. I finally realized that GE had updated to the 800 lumen model.

For people that prefer a whiter light, I think the old model might suit you better. To me though, it isn't as pleasing as the incandescent reveal, it is too purple. Everything in my house had a lavender/taupe look to it with the old model LED reveals.

I just purchased the all new 800 lumen LED reveals, and I prefer it. It is not as clean, and a touch warmer/yellow, but I think it looks closer to the incandescent reveals. It is almost just a cleaner version of a regular lightbulb. It doesn't have that dingy yellow tone, but it has a warm tint to it rather than cool tint.

I have off white walls in my kitchen. Here is how each of the bulbs changed the color of white:

Incandecant reveal: Wall looks slightly green, crisp light
Old Model LED reveal: Wall looks slightly lavender with taupe glow
New 800 lumen reveal: Wall looks neutral with a hint of warmth

possumdelight

Newly Enlightened
My wife and I are very disappointed with the new 800 lumen version. With the 680 lumen version, after years of testing all the new led bulbs as they came out, I had finally found an led bulb that didn't make everything look dingy. We immediately started replacing all of our incandescent reveals as they burned out. We bought ~25. I should have bought more before they ruined them. Now with the 800 lumen version, everything is yellow just like all the other led bulbs on the market. I've been trying to hunt down and stock up on the 680 lumen version, but its hard to do because, since it is a direct replacement, vendors will market the specs for one when their stock is actually the newer version and they don't even realize it.

If anyone has any leads, let me know;)

And I wish I had someone to complain to at GE:(

markr6

Flashaholic
A little bump here since I purchased a few more of these. After trying so many bulbs, I decided these are the best color for most of my used (bedroom, living room, hallway, laundry room).

My local Meijer store has the 2-pack 60W equivalent on sale for $9.99 with buy one get one 50% off. So 4 bulbs for $15; a little cheaper than Amazon right now ($8.99/2-pack). Unfortunately the pack at the store is the 570 lumen version.

I have a mix of 800lm and 680lm bulbs right now and I really can't tell the difference, so I just bought some 650lm on Amazon. They don't have the bluish cover like my old bulbs, but they still have the same great color. I put these in the laundry room with a 2-bulb ceiling light. WOW! It's amazing how much better things look. These impress me every time.

570, 650, 680, 800...how many more revisions will they make?

Last edited: