Gen 2 and 3 Pros/Cons, + IR Questions.

Rack A Holic

Newly Enlightened
So Ive decided to take the big step and go with a night vision scope on a rifle for the coyotes. Been doing a lot of research on here and one other forum and have decided to go with a Gen 2 or Gen 3 scope. Only thing really holding me back is... I hunt about 200+/- yard fields usually at a time. Usually very dark with shadows. I want to make sure I get a scope that will be able to comfortably reach 100-200 yards (250ish max) and make a comfortable humane shot. If I can I would like to go with gen 2 obviously for the price change, with an IR light added for distance in the dark (that's what im getting out of the IR illuminator add-ons ((Correct me if im wrong please)). If not I will just go with Gen 3 so that I can see yotes good up to 200 yards. What do you guys use generation wise and why? Pros and cons? Looking to buy within a month so have time to gather info. Then if I did go with say gen 2 for starters... What would I want to use for IR illumination?? Ive seen ir spotlights now (1 million candle power im guessing id use) and IR lasers.. haven't done much research into those as I am still trying to figure out exactly which scope to buy to fit me perfect.

Basicallly,
What scopes gen 2 could I get (with add on IR) to have good quality shots on yotes between 50-200 (250) yards.
What addons would you recommend with the Gen 2 scope so be able to light up the night enough to see well.
Cheaper of course better, but not looking to get garbage aswell (I know the more you pay the better in this case) but am looking to minimize spending where I can and just get a good scope for night time coyote hunts. Thanks in advanced everyone! Forums been more help than you know.

Jetpowered

Newly Enlightened
I'll reply as soon as I can. I've owned the night vision scopes, monoculars, illuminators, and lasers.
dont have time to give you a full reply right now, but I should be able to by tomorrow or so.