Grayson Gunner Cave - Monticello, KY - 21,000 Lumens

stollman

Enlightened
Took three big HID lights to this cave. Lot's of water. One of my lights got ruined because my dry bag sprung a leak. It has some pretty formations. Cave water in KY is 56 degrees. We were working our way through the water passage (some places 6'+ Deep) for an hour till we got into the dry section. Definitely need a neoprene suit for this cave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-mwvcXR2MY

Enjoy,
Mike

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incredible! Thank you for sharing this! Aside from Adventure and Zork, I have only been in one cave, Carlsbad Cavern, on two occassions. Recommended. Lack of any real experience or caving and climbing skills, and the occasional horror stories that make the national news, keeps me from exploring anything like Grayson Gunner Cave, so I really appreciate your video. That high lumen light in the big room is intoxicating. My sincere condolences on the loss of one of your lights and one of your crew.

stollman

Enlightened
Incredible! Thank you for sharing this! Aside from Adventure and Zork, I have only been in one cave, Carlsbad Cavern, on two occassions. Recommended. Lack of any real experience or caving and climbing skills, and the occasional horror stories that make the national news, keeps me from exploring anything like Grayson Gunner Cave, so I really appreciate your video. That high lumen light in the big room is intoxicating. My sincere condolences on the loss of one of your lights and one of your crew.

"Loss of one of our crew"....Yea, that was a funny bit that Bethany thought to add...Only recovering a pair of boots (LOL). The soda straw belly crawl is 200' long...we just weren't up to that, so we thought we'd just add a little comedy to the video.

If you're interested in caving, most larger towns cave caving clubs (Grottos). You can hook up with them and tag along on one of their trips led by an experienced caver.