Has anyone changed the headlights on their Toyota Sienna?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Re: Any LED bulbs that will replace HID; or change everything to halogen?

Koito has some 3900K CCT D2S capsules, but they may require jumping through hoops to get (ordering from Japan).

Looks like the Koito 3900K D2R and D2S are discontinued, but I'm pretty sure they supplied them for Polarg (another Japan-market brand), and that's still available, it looks like. Don't speak Japanese or have a Japanese credit card and shipping address? That's what FromJapan Shopping is for.
Hey, I found some of the Koito 3900k D2R bulbs and I may give them a try. Couldn't very easily find anything warmer than 4300k over here other than some really expensive 4000k Philips bulbs, and while there may not be much difference between 3900k and 4000k, I'm really curious especially since it looks like I may be able to get them for a better price than the Philips. Now that I've got a warmer option I may end up staying with the HID setup.

If those bulbs in the OP's van are the original bulbs it's possible that they have a lot if hours and have color shifted to the cooler side of the spectrum. Just replacing them with new bulbs could drop the color temp a lot from where they are currently.
When I first bought it the bulbs were absolutely blue and they are much nicer with the 4300k bulbs I got for about $25 a pair, but still cooler than I'd prefer, which looks like I may have found a solution with the 3900k bulbs Alaric and Virgil told me about.

Looks like another hoop is getting the $212+ to buy them ;)
Looks like I can get one of my friends to send me a pair for a lot less than that and I'm going to try get some ordered and see if I like them well enough to become a convert.

Last edited by a moderator: