Helmet light with front AND rear LED

SMOKEU

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I'm new to being a flashaholic I have a Convoy S2+ 7135x8 SST40 5000K which I absolutely love! I also have an M3-C which I use daily, and a S21A on the way. The S2+ seems like a great light for a helmet light. What I would like is to buy another S2+ (or something similar sized), doesn't have to be crazy bright as I want this more of a "be seen" light than one to "light up the road in front of me".

But I really want one with a built in rear red LED that is very floody. Around 200 lumens should be plenty. Is there any way to get a tailcap that has a built in fairly powerful red LED? I would like to avoid having separate front and rear helmet lights, a "2 in 1" will be a lot better for me. Also the front LED will also have to be quite floody.

I'm not that good at electronics but I can do very basic soldering so want something that is not too difficult to build. I definitely need a removable cell and am not interested in anything with a built in cell.

patrickwise

Newly Enlightened
NiteRider is a great bike light. The mount swivels left and right as well as up and down so I can adjust it to not blind oncoming pedestrians and bikers. I used this on my mtb and road bike and it worked out really well. Bright on the trail and road.

angerdan

Enlightened
  1. But I really want one with a built in rear red LED that is very floody. Around 200 lumens should be plenty. Is there any way to get a tailcap that has a built in fairly powerful red LED?
  2. I would like to avoid having separate front and rear helmet lights, a "2 in 1" will be a lot better for me. Also the front LED will also have to be quite floody.
  3. I definitely need a removable cell and am not interested in anything with a built in cell.
  1. Red light is received much brighter than white light. So 20lm red rear light are already kind of bright.

2. You could get the Cateye Duplex, it's one of the few integrated lights:
  3. Then you won't find anything.
    You have to use either two separate lights or integrated battery lamps.