Help me replace my NiteCore MT-06 with a 1xAA

eggsalad

Enlightened
My EDC is a NiteCore MT-06. I love the light, and it does everything I want a light to do - nothing more, nothing less.

But if a similar light is available in a 1xAA, I'd love to reduce the weight/size of my EDC.

So what I'm looking for:
1xAA (obviously)
Similar output to the MT-06, although a tad less would probably be fine
Tailcap clicky switch that cycles Low-High-Off - this is an absolute MUST. I want no other modes. Period and non negotiable.
Similar ruggedness/quality to my NiteCore.
Similar pricing - let's say under $30.

If I don't find it, I'll keep my current light. But if I do, I'll gladly buy it!

Thanks!

Burgess

Flashaholic
May I suggest --

47's Quark (1xAA) QTA flashlight,
which is what I've been EDC'ing for a Decade now !

You can program the TWO brightness settings
to occur in the Head Tight and
Head Loose modes.

Clicky switch on tail is VERY reliable,
and has NEVER failed me.

No longer in production, but certainly
available in great used condition,
if you seek them out.

Hope this is Helpful.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sympathize with your mode requirements. Too many only come on in high mode, or have a ton extras. Tough to find a 2-mode though. Real tough. Can't even really find a 2-mode DIY driver to build your own that I've seen. At least not for that low of voltage.

My suggetions, based on my own search and hands-on experience would be as follows.
1. Jaxman E3. This is a single AA tail clicky, tailcap lockout. Has three modes which are L-M-H and always comes on in low. Compatible with all AA chemistries including 14500 li-ion though the li-ion results in much closer mode spacing and much higher output. Pleasant 4000k high CRI Nichia 219 (avoid the 5700k IMHO).
2. Sofirn SP10S. Doesn't fit your specific requirements but is close. Side switch with easy to use electronic lock out or mechanical tailcap lock out. moon-L-M-H modes, always comes on in L and cycles L-M-H-moon with single clicks. Delightful 5000k high CRI LH351D.
3. Again, doesn't meet your requirements but might be worth looking at Zebralight's AA options. Based on my use of the SC63W they are VERY ergonomic and the sideswitch works well (I am generally not a side switch fan but limited options these days). UI offers ease of use combined with versatility.

Can you post an update here if you find a light meeting your specific requirements?

eggsalad

Enlightened
No, I never found anything I liked, so I'm sticking with the NiteCore. Kind of moot now, and I no longer have reason to EDC anything, haven't left the house in 3 weeks. Thank you for your response, though.