How should i ire these led lights

HazeElctrc

Newly Enlightened
I wondering the best way to wire these up should I go direct to battery ? I will use a 3.6v pack . These are the parts I have ?

Attachments

• DSC_0768.JPG
    DSC_0768.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0767.JPG
    DSC_0767.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 96

hamhanded

Enlightened
You need, at a minimum, a current limiting resistor. It's not the most efficient way to drive that LED, but it is the simplest.

Calculate resistor value with this: https://www.digikey.com/en/resource...ors/conversion-calculator-led-series-resistor

How involved do you want to get with it? If you don't want to make your own, you can probably find a pre-made driver that will work for you, but it would need to fit into your housing.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like he has two drivers in his kit.

I think we need a bit more information about the drivers to say for sure how to wire them. Just guessing, I'd say red wire to + on the LED, blue to -. Battery input goes + to the center pad on the driver, bat- goes to outer pad. Disconnect the battery briefly to change modes.

HazeElctrc

Newly Enlightened

I think we need a bit more information about the drivers to say for sure how to wire them. Just guessing, I'd say red wire to + on the LED, blue to -. Battery input goes + to the center pad on the driver, bat- goes to outer pad. Disconnect the battery briefly to change modes.
they are 1 cell drivers for 18650 , im planning on using external battery pack !

HazeElctrc

Newly Enlightened

this is what I needed to do , it seemed to flicker a bit maybe a loose wire , they both have 3 modes some times go out of synch,
I was planning on powering them with a 3.7 v battery pack , and I also have some usb power packs I assume are 5v , I have not yet to build a light like this , I use a broken housing from a cheapo amazon light !
I m not sure if this is the way , or what i should do to get the best results ?

Attachments

• DSC_0769.JPG
    DSC_0769.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 84