Hypothetical flash light

Flashlightmaster2021

Newly Enlightened
I a m sure we have all dream of the hypothical flashlight that never loses power and stays one the turbo brightness indefinity, unless turned off by the user.

Good thing dreams are free

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I a m sure we have all dream of the hypothical flashlight that never loses power and stays one the turbo brightness indefinity, unless turned off by the user.

Good thing dreams are free
Makes me think of those hand guns in the movies that never run out of ammo. I want one of those! :crackup:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Radioisotope generator light which can run for decades, albeit at relatively low light levels.

Another thing I've thought of conceptually, but don't know if physics would preclude it, would be a flashdark. Basically it does the opposite of a flashlight. It absorbs all ambient light in the beam and plunges things into complete darkness.

Another fun tool would be a light which makes things look like they do in old black-and-white movies. All colors just render as different shades of gray.

This may be heresy of a sort, but I'm looking forward to a time when a simple pair of lightweight eyeglasses will reveal the world in both "nightvision" and thermal imaging, doing away with flashlights for most night tasks, with the possible exception of true color rendering. (I hike at night regularly, in case you're wondering where this fever dream originated.)

On a more realistic plane of existence, I'm also looking forward to the development of a solid state battery that never leaks; holds a charge for months without any loss of power (OK, maybe a negligable loss); recharges in seconds; and has exceptional capacity and a lonnnng runtime at high output. (A guy can dream, can't he?)

Oh, and my fantasy battery shouldn't cost more than US$10. :cool:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Let's make our dreams, reality!
I'll take one Iron Man blaster implant in my left palm.
But, make it a mind-controlled flashlight instead!
With both a flood and a throw settings!

Just don't confuse which app you're initiating with your mind control gizmo...confusing a blaster with a flashlight could end up ruining your day.
200.gif