I’ve gone down the Hot Pepper/Gardening Rabbit hole.

Belkar

Newly Enlightened
7F31B567-9E67-4AA1-BF3E-ED14A7AA8F40.jpeg

E395B0CD-A24A-403B-8B58-8AD70D478302.jpeg

470585E5-C12B-455C-9B5D-8B5A1D868FFE.jpeg

8B45D190-22AB-46F5-8EB5-B31639B7901B.jpeg

I've purchased two grow lights in the last couple weeks. The lamp style one has done quite well to assist with starting a couple more plants for our garden. 2 each: Cucumbers, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Black Beans, Thai Chilis, and just for the fun of it a couple lemon seeds out of my tea from dinner the other day. These seedlings are a bit late for the season, but we don't care. Rolling the dice and seeds are cheap anyway.
0E8D7A60-F778-4BB5-BFF6-7832D518D8E7.jpeg

DC21FFF9-2E72-4A92-AAA1-B2295AB82472.jpeg

I've gotten addicted to hot peppers and in my garden have a decent sized Carolina Reaper plant. Really hoping to use the little lamp light to grow a Thai chili or Santaka plant on my desk at work. (Rumor has it I may have messed up with the place I bought the Thai chili seeds from - numerous stories of wrong seed and/or no success in germination. As such I have some Santaka seeds on the way from somewhere else.)

The big array will be a permanent fixture in my garage. We're going to keep our potted herb garden inside over the winter.

Outdoor garden currently:
Herbs - Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Oregano, Cilantro.

Corn "peaches & cream", Sweet Peppers, Carolina Reaper, Peas, 5 (ish? Lost count) types of tomatoes, 2 types of Strawberries, Cucumbers, Cantaloupe, Pumpkin, Watermelon, 4 types of Carrots and Sunflowers (both ornamental and edible).

I live in Nebraska, so I'll not be starting anything too interesting in my garage, but anyone else have any experience to share with indoor lighting/plants?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
if weed ever get legal here this is the system i want i wonder if led has the same wavelengh of them old incan bulbs

idleprocess

Flashaholic
All I've done is water the SO's tomato plants ~daily in a planter that was ... sort of ... cleared of weeds. Then the neighborhood cats turned the planter into a toilet, killing a little strawberry plant survivor from last year that I'd kept alive through the fall/winter, and likely poisoning the handful of tomatoes which along with a hot spell and infrequent watering means the plants aren't doing so well.

fulee9999

Enlightened
View attachment 29413
View attachment 29414
View attachment 29415
View attachment 29416

I've purchased two grow lights in the last couple weeks. The lamp style one has done quite well to assist with starting a couple more plants for our garden. 2 each: Cucumbers, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Black Beans, Thai Chilis, and just for the fun of it a couple lemon seeds out of my tea from dinner the other day. These seedlings are a bit late for the season, but we don't care. Rolling the dice and seeds are cheap anyway.
View attachment 29417
View attachment 29418

I've gotten addicted to hot peppers and in my garden have a decent sized Carolina Reaper plant. Really hoping to use the little lamp light to grow a Thai chili or Santaka plant on my desk at work. (Rumor has it I may have messed up with the place I bought the Thai chili seeds from - numerous stories of wrong seed and/or no success in germination. As such I have some Santaka seeds on the way from somewhere else.)

The big array will be a permanent fixture in my garage. We're going to keep our potted herb garden inside over the winter.

Outdoor garden currently:
Herbs - Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Oregano, Cilantro.

Corn "peaches & cream", Sweet Peppers, Carolina Reaper, Peas, 5 (ish? Lost count) types of tomatoes, 2 types of Strawberries, Cucumbers, Cantaloupe, Pumpkin, Watermelon, 4 types of Carrots and Sunflowers (both ornamental and edible).

I live in Nebraska, so I'll not be starting anything too interesting in my garage, but anyone else have any experience to share with indoor lighting/plants?

Nice setup you got goin' there! :) Did you also come across the fact that some people use protective glasses when in an environment with full spectrum lights? I remember when I was reading into hydroponics that some people ( even companies ) suggested wearing eye protection in the presence of full spectrum lights ( grow lights ).

Belkar

Newly Enlightened
All I've done is water the SO's tomato plants ~daily in a planter that was ... sort of ... cleared of weeds. Then the neighborhood cats turned the planter into a toilet, killing a little strawberry plant survivor from last year that I'd kept alive through the fall/winter, and likely poisoning the handful of tomatoes which along with a hot spell and infrequent watering means the plants aren't doing so well.

We have an adolescent rabbit messing with our Cucumbers and Carrots. May have to invest in a live trap as my 4 year old would never forgive me for more traditional removal styles.

Cats though. I have 4 of them and can confirm, they're jerks.
Nice setup you got goin' there! :) Did you also come across the fact that some people use protective glasses when in an environment with full spectrum lights? I remember when I was reading into hydroponics that some people ( even companies ) suggested wearing eye protection in the presence of full spectrum lights ( grow lights ).

I don't expect to be around the big/garage one for any really extended time period. But since the lamp style one is going on a shelf above my desk. (I'm pretty sure I'll be able to angle it so I'm not staring right into it. )

Still, I did purchase these:
B61E9DE4-5A93-434B-A1B1-1B4E07B933C1.jpeg

I await the day I can print vegetables with a 3D printer.
"Computer, carrots please"....

"Computer, Double Cheeseburger and Chocolate Soufflé.."

Also, good news! Tracking updated and my Santaka Seeds should arrive Thursday along with our new canning equipment.

Some pictures:
4CFF45F4-AAE0-412B-8EF1-519382228E9A.jpeg

(Lilith the Jerk)
27DDA0C3-8748-4F9F-A85D-8948654C3F06.jpeg

42B69B5B-A805-4528-BDF4-30D91A29DF79.jpeg

Freyja the Human.
394305B6-CE5F-4C93-B679-288BE001C94F.jpeg

FACEC539-D91F-4755-A951-73A557E8600E.jpeg

Above my desk at work. That bare spot to the right is the intended location for the Lamp and potted Santaka plant.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what I read over on The Hot Pepper site, you need lots of hot days to get the optimum heat in a pepper. But a pepper plant with peppers would make a fantastic desk plant.