I'm liking my Sofirn D25L rechargeable headlamp.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I bought a Sofirn D25L 5 months ago. I've only used it a few times, but I am liking it enough, that I just ordered another one, just in case they stop production, and they become unobtainable.

18650, 5000 K, 90 CRI, (5 I think) user selectable outputs, and a nice wide field of view, are some of its features.
One feature, in particular that I like, is that it has a nice large On/Off output selection button that is easy to operate even with gloves on.

1651315521586.png

Poppy

Flashaholic
Thinking about onetime when out camping how I brought two headlamps. I was testing an angle head light. Both lights attracted flying insects like a moth to light, and they were swarming around my head. Terrible!!! It seemed that one attracted more bugs than the other, IDK maybe I just walked through a tighter swarm while wearing one, than the other. At any rate, I ended up carrying the headlight like a flashlight in my hand.

Yesterday, while experimenting with the D25L I thought it might work like one of those that one sees periodically on Star Trek.

Cool... it still leaves one's fingers available. :)

1651923746263.png

I've also had a lot of bugs fly at my face while I'm walking outdoors with a headlamp. To get around it I got one with an amber secondary light, and it works much better. For a long time I've wanted a headlamp that has a high-CRI beam and amber. Well Emisar now offers the D4W which is basically a right-angle D4 with two channels. I ordered it with 219BT-V1 R9080 3500K in channel 1 and Osram W1 Amber in channel 2. I can switch or fade between the two channels.

I've taken it camping and even walking around clouds of bugs they don't seem to notice the amber. My eyes get pretty well adjusted to it after a while too.

Last edited: