is this watch what i want?

DRW

Enlightened
i love smart cars not many in this town most these people have big trucks never carry anything in them lol .
I have a huge diesel pickup truck. You're right it's infrequently used for the reasons I purchased it. I have no choice, I must retire soon so I can hunt, fish, and camp full time.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably because your gas prices over there aren't breaking 8 dollars a gallon yet.
Yea same here. People have huge trucks around here for no reason other than to look like big shooters. They want their trucks to look like tanks for some reason. And the younger ones just have trucks that are loud to get attention from other people. I'll never get the why or how or what the point is if you don't need a vehicle like that.. you must need it for mental reasons? Which isn't healthy. They are posers and show offs.

Last edited:

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first car was a Mercedes W124 which used to be my old man's. It was navy blue with a bright leather interior & in great shape. A bit sluggish on the road, not the most powerful engine and the automatic transmission wasn't the snappiest but I really liked that car, it was a smooth ride. It was eventually sold due to me not driving it very much, so I got a second hand silver Smart because it was cheap to drive & can park anywhere. Sometimes I regret that, but with gas prices as they are Its for the better.
Back in the day my dream car was always a maroon red, bright interior W116 with the V8. Still is. I think this thread is getting a little off track tho.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So my question here is if you have one watch and only one watch how would you know it's time is off a few seconds a day? Some people you ask what time it is and they say "9:43"…… I say "about a quarter to 10" so a minute a month is ok with me.

I had an atomic watch once but it kept thinking it was on the west coast. Set it back to east coast and at some point it would go back to west coast time again. Never……freaking……mind. I gave it to my brother who eventually tossed it out the window one day while driving home from work.

I prefer mechanical just because of the cool factor but once they need service, that's pretty pricey unless you do it yourself. And I don't. So I've gone with Seiko and Citizen solar watches. They keep time fairly well. A minute or two a month I can live with.

My two $75 Timex watches have stayed within a minute of each other for over a year so far.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ive learned a lot ty you all. im now addicted to watch vids lol. you should see some of the watches rappers own lol worth 1 million. me for now i want the cheapest watch with the smoothest second hand . in silver color not in metal i hate gold color

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
me for now i want the cheapest watch with the smoothest second hand . in silver color not in metal i hate gold color
I would take a look at some vintage tuning fork watches. Those have perfectly smooth second hands, are pretty accurate and are battery powered. Essentially the predecessor to modern quartz watches. Bulova made a ton, called the Accutron. No idea what they go for these days. Other manufacturers made some too, I know of Tissot and Omega.

Otherwise look at some used automatics on the bay with a 28.800 movement like a Miyota 9015 or ETA 2824.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most watches claim to be "water resistant", or if they have a rating at all its mostly 3 ATM. I wouldn't recommend wearing any watch swimming which isn't at least 10 Bar's or more water resistant. These ratings are a bit misleading as a "30 or 50 meter water resistent watch" (3-5 bar/atm) isn't actually watertight down to 30 or 50 meters.

main-qimg-afc81b3d5fee35d4e3978b508637cb10-lq.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Invicta.... one of the worst brands out there. They make their watches look good on the outside, but the inside is a different story. Cheap plastic parts where there should be metal. Tool marks and actual grind/swirl marks everywhere on the inside of the movements.

Watch snobs love making fun of Invicta. But this is one time where the disrespect is deserved. I mean, for a cheap knock-around watch that'll work, and likely be reliable for a few years; not a bad purchase.

The brand is like the Mitsubishi Mirage of watches. Worst-rated car in all of America. But that means heavy discounts from dealers. Very easy to get financing for it if your credit is bad but not horrible. Engine sips fuel, so very good gas mileage (though ironically not great gas mileage). And if you need good, basic transportation now.... Well, there you go. Plus, a new Mirage will likely be reliable for a handful of years. Invicta's offerings are all Mirages. They work as intended. The outside styling looks quite nice. The inside is very cheaply done. Both run, but FAR from luxurious.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well im bummed about the water proffness i always forget to take watch off before a swim or shower

raggie33

*the raggedier*
how it legal for the watch makers to lie? if 50 metters is only a meter or less

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its not a lie, in a pressure tank these watches will withstand more then 50 bars of water or air pressure, however real world diving/swimming subjects a watch to additional peak pressures as well as negative pressures which a watch may not be designed to handle.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
how it legal for the watch makers to lie? if 50 metters is only a meter or less
Oh! You would be amazed at the types of lies the watch industry, especially the Swiss watch industry is legally allowed to pull off! That's just a tiny lie. It's not just about depth, it's about pressure. Had one acquaintance complain that his 30 meter "water-proof" watch, got soaked when he wore it while showering. One, never wear any mechanical watch intentionally in the shower. Two, an ordinary shower-head is easily capable of generating enough water pressure to overcome the seals on a 30 meter watch. Easily!

Those other lies?.... Sorry, I'm not making a novel-length post. I will say though that the term "Swiss-made" is absolute meaningless B.S. in the watch industry. It goes by legal definitions. In that nation, you can legally put those words on the dial of a watch, even if close to half of the components in it are sourced from China. If you want a watch that is actually Swiss made, the cheapest option is going to be Rolex. The company literally makes nearly all of its watch parts in-house.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
it has more to do with my mind isnt as good as it once was lol i forget so much stuff