Jetbeam TEA20 and TEA30 REVIEW - Initial Impressions

StuGatz

Enlightened
Recently received a few Jetbeam TEA20 and TEA30 models. I was not expecting much from a gold plated Titanium body but they actually look and feel very nice "in person." We will post some beam-shots and follow-up in the near future. :naughty:

Last edited:

Msf

Enlightened
Thanks for the reviews. I purchased the TEA30 and I am pleasantly surprised as it looks more brass than gold plated. While it is expensive for a basic AAA flashlight, the switch is smooth and the low, medium and high are spaced about perfect for my use.

I ran four informal run down tests in low and consistently achieved 42-50 hours using duracell alkalines which is considerably better than the stated spec. The rationale for focusing on low is because at 5 lumens I find myself using low for anything indoors.

I also ran two rundown tests in medium, with the first lasting 4:19 and the second 4:33.

For the informal testing for both low and medium power, I aim the lights at a white wall at a distance of six feet. It gets a new Duracell for each trial.

I take photos every hour during the low tests and when the brightness appears to drop to about fifty percent (comparing pictures), I stop the timer.

For the medium power tests, I take pictures once every 10-15 minutes and when the brightness appears to drop to about fifty percent (comparing pictures), I Stop the timer. Certainly subjectivity is rampant in my results, but it works well for my own use.

Overall, I like everything about the light except the price.