Leatherman Wave problem

SteveTheReaper

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a new Leatherman Wave. It has gotten so that when closed, one of the halves can shake slightly. Is this normal, or should I get it fixed?

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
could you divulge some more info, what it hitting what, if you have been using it alot its getting broken in....Mine can almost be opened like a butter fly, with a quick stiff flick of the wrist..If you dont like it send it back, I have sent in a couple leathermans one was mine one was my bosses, both times i got a brand new replacement no questions asked,

SteveTheReaper

Newly Enlightened
The one side shakes in a direction perpendicular to the direction it opens. I have barely used it at all.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Sounds like the hinge is lose. My first Wave was that way, but only after several years of abuse. The one I have now doesn't do that as much but it does have a little bit of sideways "play". It's probably less than 2mm. How much does yours move?

In any case, LM will take care of you. Just call them for warranty repair instructions - they're really good.

SteveTheReaper

Newly Enlightened
It moves about 1mm, maybe a little more. If I'd had it for years and and it started doing it, I probably wouldn't care. But at less than two weeks of very light use, I don't like it.