Looking for similar to ShiningBeam S-mini: 18650, extra-slim and lightweight

mechBgon

Enlightened
Could someone point me to a very slim, lightweight 18650-powered flashlight? I was fond of my old S-Mini for general use and also as a helmet-mounted light for bicycling. It was uncommonly light, about 90 grams WITH an 18650 installed. Bonus points for one without strobe/SOS, I really just need two or three output levels. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

If you want a like-new Shiningbeam S-Mini, I have one that has about three hours of total runtime on it, along with a spare turbo head. It's been sitting in climate -controlled storage for the past decade. I'm happy to release it to you, at modest cost, if you're interested.

OK, I goofed. What I have is the ShiningBeam MG L-Mini II, which I understand is the successor to the S-Mini. Same manufacturer, but introduced about three years after the S-Mini, as its successor. Cool white emitter, approximately 6000K, with no discernable tint shift. Same size and diameter as the S-Mini. The body knurling is better than on the S-Mini, and is about 0.4mm higher than on the S-Mini. The mode spacing is the same as on the S-Mini; modes are L-M-H. The L-Mini prefers shorter 18650 cells; longer ones such as Fenix-branded ones are a realllly tight fit; not recommended. I checked the light for functionality and it performed flawlessly.

Last edited: