Looking For Single Mode, Regulated

kgrant

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a good single mode regulated headlamp.

I just want a quality headlamp, that I can recharge preferably, or use rechargeable batteries, that will always have the same output, not dim as the battery dies. Simple click on click off, no confusing modes. No long press short press stuff.

I can't find any though!

Thank you

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Looking for a good single mode regulated headlamp.

I just want a quality headlamp, that I can recharge preferably, or use rechargeable batteries, that will always have the same output, not dim as the battery dies. Simple click on click off, no confusing modes. No long press short press stuff.

I can't find any though!

Thank you
Not too many single mode headlamp but if you buy a simpler multi mode headlamp with a memory you could use it as a single mode. That's how I often use my headlamps. On side note total flat regulation does have a down side. Too good and you will get sudden death once the battery is rundown. Can be an issue climbing or bouldering in the dark.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Petzl makes them. The brightness is constant for the life of the battery. I have a couple of their lights and really happy with them. Mine are the Pixa which take AA but they make rechargeable also. Their website explains it better than I can [emoji3]

Last edited:

Boko

Newly Enlightened
A bit of an oddball suggestion, but how about getting an old Petzl Zoom from ebay and fitting it with one of the LED replacement bulbs? They can be used with 3xAA NimH batteries with the appropriate adaptor, and put out about 120 lumens, regulated.

OldmanRon

Newly Enlightened
I'll check out Petzl, thanks for the suggestions.
I just took delivery of a brand new (January release) Petzl Tikka that costs just $30, but it's three mode (although dead simple) and has a separate red LED that has a strobe feature. Even smaller than last year's model. High is 200 lumens. Run-time is 60 hours.I like it.

Trango

Newly Enlightened
Single mode will be difficult, usually there are at least 2-3, but there are some simple regulated headlamps out there, Petzl has some as already mentioned, Fenix, Princetontec, Black Diamond,... or you can stick with Wood Walkers idea of using one with memory mode, will be easyer to find a rechargeable that way too.

EDIT: Just remembered about the new Nitecore NU20, it may be worth a look, it's rechargeable, and it doesn't look to complicated.

Last edited: