Looking for zoomie flashlight

adras

Newly Enlightened
I would like to buy a new flashlight, I really, really like the zoom feature, although everyone else seems to hate it.

What are currently the best zoomable flashlights?

Any recommendations?

fulee9999

Enlightened
my recommendation is to get a thrower and a floody light, but if you are really really hellbent on a zoomie you might want to check these out:
  1. LEDlenser P7R Core/Signature
  2. Convoy Z1
  3. Manker Crown
also it's not that we hate zoomies, it's just no one seems to make a decent one that is nearly as capable as it's counterparts. ( not to mention other than LEDlenser and the Manker you can basically forget about waterproofness )

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to buy a new flashlight, I really, really like the zoom feature, although everyone else seems to hate it.

What are currently the best zoomable flashlights?

Any recommendations?
Some of the LED Lender's aren't bad. But they are pricey and have poor cool white tints. They also have massively increased prices recently. Although they have expanded their range. It is now completely incomprehensible.

Nearly all the other zoomy lights are aspheric instead of TIR optics. The flood is good with an aspheric. But the zoom will generally be very narrow and a projection of the LED. And far inferior to a TIR optic.

Coast lights make a range of zoomy lights. More akin to past Lenser models. Again mostly cool white emitters and also not cheap. But some good lights.

Lastly you might want to see if you can grab a YLP Falcon F15. Good tint and LED and addresses many of the things wrong with a Lenser. They are Russia based I think though, so not sure how easy they are to currently get.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Ya know, the Maglite was a zoomie back when a zoomie was a twist head. Hand your sliding zoomie to a seasoned citizen, tell them it's a zoomie and watch them twist it like a Maglite.

Not the same I know, but if an adjustable beam is paramount the Maglite products should be something to consider.

Lumen83

Enlightened
I like the zoomies too. I guess I never realized what zoomies were though. I always thought they were like the old mag light twist to focus lights when I heard people say "zoomie". Ayway, they're just neat and they remind me of the lights I had when I was a kid. I still play around with my old mag lights for this reason. I wish I could recommend a good modern zoomie, but I do not know of any. I would recommend you get some old incan maglight zoomies and play around with them for fun if you don't already have some.

Nsjenner

Newly Enlightened
Hard to find since they are not made anymore but the best one made would have to be a Lenslight by Leonard Chapman, top notch build quality but quite scarce on the secondary market. They made a few different versions in aluminum and titanium.
07427F02-6DC6-4FF0-8FF7-925CB383CE16.jpeg