Maglite Mini Incandescent 2-Cell AA

m22tanker

Newly Enlightened
Hello all! The contract strip on the bottom of the switch fell on the floor and must have entered the Twilight Zone as I can't find it. Does anyone have a way to jury rig something?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm.
As far as I remember that part (of the original minimag), it should never "fell off'.
(when that " switch" part is not disassembled; something which can not happen by accident)
:)
I think that is half the flat part like in that pic in the link, then bent 90 degree up then bent into a vertical "u" shape to grab one oft the bulb wires.
No clue if that can produced at home, but if You happen to get a flat strip of copper / metal contact material ...
... should be possible to make

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
... get the black part out,
take a picture from the lower side with missing contact an post it.
pry the 2 plastic parts apart, take a picture inside the bigger part and post,
get the 2 contacts out, picture of everything together (and post)

Possibly only the bent part is broken oft, one may try with just a solder blob onto the remains
?

m22tanker

Newly Enlightened
To be clear, I had the switch out and that contact fell on the floor. I'll see if I can fashion something, thanks.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the floor? Have you forgotten about the floor? You'll never get that little thing out of it. You could fashion something, but it will never be the same knowing that contact thingy is waiting there, somewhere, until one day, unexpectedly, it stabs in-between your toes or gets caught in a toenail, possibly causing pain, confusion, a fall and fatal head injury. Better replace it. It's the only way to be sure. That or nuke it from orbit.

m22tanker

Newly Enlightened
What about the floor? Have you forgotten about the floor? You'll never get that little thing out of it. You could fashion something, but it will never be the same knowing that contact thingy is waiting there, somewhere, until one day, unexpectedly, it stabs in-between your toes or gets caught in a toenail, possibly causing pain, confusion, a fall and fatal head injury. Better replace it. It's the only way to be sure. That or nuke it from orbit.
LOL!

mrbreezeet1

Newly Enlightened
I know it's an old thread, Hope It's not frowned upon, but I repaired a contact by JB welding a piece of copper wire to the button.
It worked fine!
Amazon has kits for about $23.00 though, with about 12 switches and lens's and o rings all kinds of stuff!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I know it's an old thread, Hope It's not frowned upon, but I repaired a contact by JB welding a piece of copper wire to the button.
It worked fine!
Amazon has kits for about $23.00 though, with about 12 switches and lens's and o rings all kinds of stuff!
Thanks for coming back and telling us your solution.
Glad you got it fixed.