Maha Powerex Precharged 2600mAh AA and 1000mAh AAA LSD batteries

Dunder

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone speak to the quality of the newly-released Maha Powerex Precharged batteries? I was planning to purchase a bunch of Eneloop Pro AA's and AAA's, abandoning Alkaline's for the most part. However, I see that these Powerex Precharged have higher power capacities ( 2600mAh for AA's and 1000mAh for AAA's) than the Eneloop Pros, as well as being less expensive. I'm interested in the most capacity and performance that I can get, as long as the self-discharge rate is low. Use will be flashlights, camera equipment, game controllers, etc. (I originally tried Energizer NiMh 2700mAh AA's years ago, when they were first released, and ended up going back to alkalines after frequently finding all my batteries dead when I needed them. Though, I've since been convinced by the original white 2000mAh Eneloops which I've been using).

Any opinions and guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dunder

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't, but I wouldn't bother with them when we have FDK Fujitsu/Eneloop batteries at our pleasure. Did that, done that.

Chris

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't get too caught up with the mAh ratings; manufacturers use different methods to determine capacity (or some just make them up or greatly exaggerate them). Right now, the Eneloop Pros are right up there with the best of the low self discharge NiMH AA/AAA's when tested side by side. If you are looking for a good deal on rebranded Eneloop Pros you can get them in the form of Amazon Basic High Capacity's or Duracell Ion Cores (all made in the same FDK factory in Japan that makes Eneloops).

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
when it comes to Powerex AA NiMH's their ratings are exaggerated. At the very very best one cell out of a pack of 4 Powerex 2600mah may reach 2550mah. Had many of their 2700mah AA's they were okay. Despite being spec as a LSD cell they drained out fast on their own and I dont believe any of them broke 2525mah. Imedions were lame and overrated as well. When it comes to AA NiMHs nowadays its standard Loop whites, Pros, Duracell Ion Cores. Just got a huge box of fresh L91 AA's that should last me a long time. 3000mah and 1.5v till they die I changed out all my Pro powered lights for the L91's and so far am loving it. Ion Core's are very very good was pleasantly surprised

Dunder

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for these insights. It sounds like the safest bet for a high-capacity cell right now is the Eneloop Pro, and not to worry much about the lower specifications. I've recently found a lot of people claiming pretty good results from Maha Imedion 2400mAh batteries, so hopefully these new 2600mAh will be exceptional. Competition between the brands will certainly benefit us consumers.

Thank you,

Dunder

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for these insights. It sounds like the safest bet for a high-capacity cell right now is the Eneloop Pro, and not to worry much about the lower specifications. I've recently found a lot of people claiming pretty good results from Maha Imedion 2400mAh batteries, so hopefully these new 2600mAh will be exceptional. Competition between the brands will certainly benefit us consumers.

Thank you,

Dunder

Imedions aren't too bad. I've had two quads for 4.5 years and they still are pretty strong with lowish I.R.s. I did a one year shootout with Imedion AAs, Gen. 2 Eneloops and GP ReCyKos and you can read it here. They came in third, but they've lasted.

I'd stay away from the Chinese PowerEx and Accupowers, which are high cap HSD types. They work well for a while, but just don't last.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ut-Eneloops-GP-ReCyKos-and-Imedions-it-s-done!

Chris