Manix 2 lightweight black

Coleslaw38

Newly Enlightened
I've had this newer version of the manix 2 lightweight for about a month now. I've wanted to try the lightweight for a long time but held off due to the pin construction. Finally spyderco added a torx pivot so I jumped on it.

The main things that drove me to this blade was the ball lock along with NO STEEL LINERS! I know a lot of guys prefer them, however, I don't with my knives that I carry at work as they are used light to medium duty anyways. I had been carrying a pacific salt for the past year at work and will continue to carry that once summer hits (extreme amounts of sweat + steel = rust on my blades within half a days time). Anyways, because I've come to like the salt so much and its lack of steel liners I got the manix 2 in black frcp.

No steel liners and a decent price for an outstanding blade is great. Opens smoother than butter, very light, and adjustable pivot. The ball lock loosened up to a perfect amount of tension after maybe about a weeks worth of use. And in use the CTS BD1 steel really impressed me and still does. It seems like edge rolls a decent amount when given a bit of harder use which is just fine with me. I've had s30v chip in situations in which this stuff rolls. It's definitely not fun when you realize your super-steel-super-pricey blade has chips in it (uh-oh, my fault, have a habit of using the wrong tool for the wrong job, but I use what I've got). 5 min of touching up will sort out the rolls on the CTS BD1. :) this steel takes an insane edge, a bit toothy even compared to S30V, but similar with less edge retention. Extremely easy to sharpen.

Go out and buy this blade! It will not disappoint.
http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums...D939AC4-5527-000002D9F477AF66_zpsdca5858d.jpg
http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums...F7F5C69-5527-000002D9EB993650_zps5d024175.jpg

Zechs00GT

Newly Enlightened
I have the older blue one and love it. To get a 3.5 in blade that weighs less than any other "smaller" knife that I own is awesome. It makes the knife carry like a smaller gentleman's blade but when you need it you have a big hunk of steel.

I would have the say the one down side I could sling at it was the pin construction, but if it has torx now and the black is pure beauty.

Shooter21

Enlightened
i love the lightweight manix i have the blue one, as soon as i got it in my hands i knew Nutnfancy would love it as do I. Such a large blade that feels featherweight is awesome.

Latest posts