MB-SUB VB50 Cave review

Goldigger

Enlightened
A bit hard to tell due to angles and distances but it looks like the HID blows it away???

The Hid gives a more contentrated hot spot, the problem is that the VB-50's beam gets wider over distance and obviously dimmer, where as the hid generally tapers off to a point.
Personally i think the beam needs to be tighter on the vb-50, at most 6 degrees. this would project a smaller image of the die (square) and hopefully concentrate more lumens into a tighter beam..
I need to get this down on a moody dark 40m dive..

Packhorse, have you tried a sst-50 with one of the DX 44mm aspherics?

Goldigger

Enlightened
I took the VB-50 on some 40m dives at the weekend, one buddy had a 24w hid darkbuster. Another had one of the new greenforce heads that uses 4 XPG's.
The VB-50 blew the greenforce away, the hid had a tighter hot spot, but not loads brighter..
I was more than impressed with the performance..
Unfortunalty i have no pictures or video to share with you..

whitenoise

Newly Enlightened
Nice work there Goldigger (again) ;) Glad that you bought one as well, since I'm quite lazy and it would've took me ages to get something together to show everyone :)

When I can get round to it, might post my images of the vb-50 attached to the photon2 body (no goodman handle) to give a different perspective as well. No beam shots though...

I'm pleased with it so far, but haven't really had chance to try it out properly yet.

Michael i expect a xmas present this year if your sales go up.. :)

Me too ;)

whitenoise

Newly Enlightened
If these are of interest to anyone, here is some shots of the vb-50 head on the photon2, without goodman handle.

Torch-001.jpg

Torch-002.jpg

Torch-003.jpg

Goldigger

Enlightened
tsss... they don't even bother keeping their website up to date... or is it the quadristar P4 using XPG's instead of the P4's?

It's a new head, smaller than the quadristar P4

New From Greenforce Quadristar XPGH

Now with Cree XPG LED

F2 Flexi Battery
2 Power Settings 50% or 100% Power
960 Lumens
10 Degree Beam
Approx 3 Hours Burn on Max Setting per charge
Fast Charger 2-3 Hours

qsxph2.jpg

neil_richardson

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jason,

thank you for your helpful advertizing.
Because we are only a small company, we need this kind of advertising.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Are you still around?? my VB needs repairing :) or are you able to advise anyone who can.

Neil