Mini Maglite LED PRO query

Journey88

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I have found this forum after searching for a way of fixing my torch I use for work.

I purchased a Mini Maglite LED PRO around a year ago. It takes 2 x AA batteries, it has the serial number PG000019248 on the side and on the side of the LED part it has the mark "P"

Apart from that I do not know much about the torch apart from it has been perfect for the job I do until it stopped working around a month ago. Now I have tried replacing the batteries, I have tried taking the torch apart but nothing has worked.

I was wondering if anyone on this forums knows if it is possible to obtain a replacement LED for this torch and if so, what part should I be looking for?

Many thanks in advance

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering the low cost of the light it would make more sense to just buy a new one. A replacement LED alone is say 5 dollars. Which LED? I do not know which emitter Mag puts in the light just know it is a smaller than average LED. I am looking at my own Mini Pro right now and getting to the LED is pretty simple you just unscrew the bezel with the lens in it then remove the plastic reflector which comes right out then there you are with the LED exposed. It is a pretty tiny LED even going to the Mag site yields no answers. The new Cree XB-H is tiny as well that may fit. The XP-G2 R5 is the go to small LED. What you want to do is match the size of the original LED. I just unscrewed the bezel and removed the reflector of my Pro. There is the number 015 printed below the LED which I just measured with my digital calipers at 3mm x 3mm. My Pro is also a PG serial number. Do not know what the difference is between your P LED and my 015.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try cleaning the threads/tail cap real good with an alcohol prep pad or the like and put in some new batteries and make sure the tail cap is screwed on tight. If this doesn't help, take off the head and blow some canned air around the piece where the LED is mounted to make sure it moves freely (this part needs to move out a little when the light is twisted on and sometimes gets stuck). Still no luck, contact Mag about warranty service.

BTW, I think the normal LED for these is the XP-G or XP-G2 depending on how old it is (226 lumens for the G and 272 for the G2). All that I have seen are marked 015 or possibly 016 for the G2 (not totally sure.....it is hard to tell if it's really 016 rather than 015). The XP-G will have a green background and the XP-G2, silver.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aside from the cleaning suggestion, Maglites aren't really intended to be user serviceable and there's not much to troubleshoot. They don't sell a replacement LED module ("pill") as far as I know, and actually replacing the LED emitter, assuming that's what died, is a fairly advanced project.

Maglite does have a lifetime warranty, but with the catch of a $7 handling fee.