Modifying a Peak to a full flood mule.

jorgen

Enlightened
This came about because I wanted my new K2 to work with a QTC. No way to do this with the Judco switch so I removed the tail piece from my AA Atlantic and installed it with a QTC pill on the K2. It is a perfect fit and the ramping is smooth.
I put the Judco switch on the Atlantic which I hadn't used in a while, since unlike the Glacier Bay, the light isn't as bright as a modern led and the hotspot is smaller than I am used to.
I had read in some other thread that Peak planned to release a flood head at some future date and I wondered if the Atlantic might perform in a similar fashion if I removed the reflector.
This was much easier to do than I anticipated, The retaining ring unscrewed with a snap ring pliers and the protective lens came out easily. Next is a rubber retainer which once removed with a tweezers allowed the reflector to fall out. The inside of the head is white and no wiring is visible, only the LED.
Now the light is a full flood with a wide and flawless beam that has a useful throw of 6-10 feet in a darkened room, but more importantly is makes a fine reading light that is glare free. I anticipate getting quite a bit of use from this setup. This Atlantic will reside on my nightstand.

Last edited:

jorgen

Enlightened
It is pure flood and a very pretty beam. What i like best is that there is no glaring bounceback when used close up.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
You definitely need a flat bezel about 50% shorter than normal, otherwise your spill is cut about 30%.

peakmule.jpg