• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

My new toy! McGizmo baby!!!

Death's Head

Enlightened
Just received this one in a trade, and I've gotta say, it's the best light to come from McGizmo. I thought the PD (piston-drive) was the pinnacle of flashlight switches, but I can see why Don opted from the traditional forward clicky.
The XP-G along with Don's quality gives one of the smoothest most useful beams I've ever come across in a flashlight.
Before the pic, I polished it up with some Scotchbrite followed by some satin polish for titanium then some MAAS to really make it gleam. I also stonewashed the clip.
A thing of beauty.
P7290053.jpg

P7290055.jpg

P7290056.jpg

P7290057.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
My personal favorite from Don, and heavily used EDC. :D You're absolutely correct about the beam!!! :thumbsup:

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened
More good feedback on the beam this is my next light!

Can you tell us what method you used to stonewash the clip?

Thx

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
GunSmoke, I've got one of these on loan currently. The XPG Haiku beam is awesome. It has a well defined bright hotspot with a super smooth transition to spill. The spill is perfect not too bright, but not too low. For times when I find the hotspot on low too bright I just use the ample spill. So versatile. A Haiku is on my wtb list as well. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Congrats to the OP on your new addition. Great pics too btw!

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome finish, love it. I am really going to have to give one a try.

Death's Head

Enlightened
More good feedback on the beam this is my next light!

Can you tell us what method you used to stonewash the clip?

Thx

I have a $50 tumbler with some ceramic media. Both bought at Harbor Freight. You first have to get a decent base finish before stonewashing. Somethin like a fine beadblasting or satin finish. And then I toss it the tumbler overnight.

Last edited:

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened
I have a $50 tumbler with some ceramic media. Both bought at Harbor Freight. You first have to get a decent base finish before stonewashing. Somethin like a fine beadblasting or satin finish. And then I toss it the tumbler overnight.

Thanks for the response. I need to take a trip over to my local HF