need help with firefox

DimmerD

Enlightened
Did you try leaning on your keyboard again right around where you leaned on last time? Heck you you've tried everything else!!

Can you post a screen shot, maybe that will help us help you?

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must have your "System Restore" function turned "OFF" .

You really should turn it back ON .

I think it would have corrected your problem if it was functioning .

ozner1991

Enlightened
YES I FINNALY GOT IT

:party:
so what i did was 'tools' > 'options' > 'context button' > 'fronts and colors' > 'advanced' and then screwed around in the option menu that i got. i first screwed with the settings that i had but couldnt get back what i originally had. i then checked a small box below that 'let pages decided what size they want instead of using my preferred settings'

and i got regular sized text again, no more stuff disappearing in pictures or things being way to tiny.

i donno why it worked this time around though :thinking: i tried it last night and it didnt work. :thinking:

well i want to thank everyone who helped by replying to this thread. you have been of great help to solving my problem lovecpf

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad that it worked out for you.

Some pages, however, do not select a font of their own and rely on you having something sensible as user selection.

Since it's just the size, just set the two size select options to 12pt or higher. Stick with good standard fonts. That is, on Windows, Times New Roman, Arial (for the sans serif font) and Courier (for the fixed-width font). You can also select the minimum font size (I suggest setting it to 8pt) to prevent getting ridiculously small fonts.

And, important, select the correct encoding! Western in the "Fonts for" field, and standard encoding "Western (ISO-8859-1)".

ozner1991

Enlightened
ive been tweaking those settings after it worked again. i now have a Arial 17 for main and 9 minimum. its easy on my eyes that way

thanks for the help :twothumbs

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Windows:
1. Reinstall operating system.
2. Reinstall all of your applications.

:crackup:

Back in 2004, the beta versions of Firefox for Windows (I don't know if there was a Mac version then) had a glitch where Firefox would sometimes stop working, and reinstalling Firefox wouldn't fix the problem. The solution was to go to the Applications Data folder (%appdata%) and delete the Mozilla subfolder, then install again.

I haven't seen that problem again since the 1.0+ versions became available.