Nite Ize LED kit LUC2-07 for AA Mini Maglite

3_gun

Enlightened
I can't help but pick up every AA MiniMag I come across at estate/garage sale(s). I have six working stock incan lights now, none costing me more than a buck. Nice lights but lets be honest they don't put out much light in stock form. So here we are...

The kit is complete with new LED bulb, reflector and clicky tail cap. Installing the kit was as simple as changing the bulb & battery during normal service. Anyone & I mean anyone should have no trouble with this kit. It fits just like OEM parts. After all of about 3-5 minutes it's done and you're in for a treat. It works just as advertised.

Brightness in my case was easily twice or maybe even 3x what the standard bulb/reflector combo provided with the same batteries. The new tail cap keeps the light from tail standing but that has never really been a reliable way to use a Mini. You still have adjustment of the beam using the twisting head as stock. The only downside is the color of the light is on the blue side. Softening the focus mutes the effect some but it's still noticeable. Even with fresh batteries the color shift stays the same. I don't find it to be even close to a deal breaker given how much brighter the light is with the LED. It's even brighter than the Maglite bright bulb replacement for the Mini. Haven't even started to see a better run time but I can't help but think the claimed 25hrs is optimistic. I didn't try mixing n matching parts from the kit for a more custom approach so I don't know if it is at all possible.

I got 2 kits upc code 9466401497 or #LUC2-07 from an eBay seller for $18 shipped. If you want to freshen up an older light, give it a new usefulness, this kit should be on your radar.

paulr

Flashaholic
I have one of those around someplace but really, there's tons of much nicer and smaller and more cost effective lights than a converted minimag. Particularly, the minimag's switch was never very reliable.

3_gun

Enlightened
You can mix & match parts if you want. Got the LED & reflector in one body & the tail switch in another. How does a MiniMag tail cap fail? Any working light I screw it into to stops working. I'll take a closer look at some point. One kit, 2 lights fixed

paulr

Flashaholic
Also oxide on the spring or battery making poor contact between those two.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the AA Mini Mag, usually I find that it's the bare metal on the back of the barrel and/or the bare metal ring on the cap that it make contact with - these need to be kept clean and lubed/ free of oxidation.