Nitecore F1 vs F2

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Im looking for a powerbank to use when backpacking in the wilderness. Mainly looking to charge iphones and maybe gps and a couple headlamps. Ive owned a xtar pb2s but over the past 5 months its become unreliable. Really looking for something that uses 18650's since i have a dozen or so. Thanks for any help!

NiOOH

Enlightened
What's wrong with the PB2S? I've had one for about 8 months and use it almost daily (with a pair of E50 21700 cells) with 0 problems. Check the cables you are using, it is not unusual that the USB-C cables cause a problem with fast charging devices.
AFAIK Nitecore F1 and F2 PB/chargers are discontinued now.

Last edited:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Oh, i didn't realize those were discontinued.

Ive owned the pb2s for maybe 3 years now? Worked flawlessly up until here recently. When charging my iphone it will stop charging and show 0.0 output. Ill buy another cable and give that a try. Im using samsung 30q purchased on 02/2022.

NiOOH

Enlightened
Yes, try with another cable first. Even the problem is stil in the PB, I don't see many other alternatives. After all, in this age of cheap Chinese goods, 3 years of service is about what you can expect from such a product, so consider buying a new one.