Oldest LED lights you own

froze

Newly Enlightened
The oldest LED light I have, and the first one I ever had, is not a flashlight, though I could use it as one, but it's a cycling light made by Phillips called the SafeRide 80 that I bought in 2011, it is powered by 4 AA batteries, which I am now using Ladda 2450 rechargeables I buy from Ikea. I use it quite a bit, it is quite bright, and it uses a cutoff beam so more light energy is on the road and not in the trees, it will run for about 2 hours and 20 minutes on high with those batteries and about 8 hours on low. Around where I ride I rarely run into another cyclist to this day with a light brighter than mine, though they're are brighter ones on the market, just not in my city I guess. Sadly this light is no longer made, I think Phillips had a great light, a lot of people like the idea of using AA batteries, but they could have easily converted to an internal battery pack for longer run times.

Attachments

• 1710896352340.png
    1710896352340.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 14

dddrees

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite 12 from 2016 so I didn't even have one for the longest time. I just recently picked up a SureFire Fury Intellibeam and a SureFire Steletto Pro 2 and these are the only three I own so you can tell flashlights aren't something I really have a lot of. Take that back I also have a FENIX HP30R V2.0 RECHARGEABLE HEADLAMP. But still really not that many when compared to most here.

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
So, if you'll allow me the tangent, I was just recently faced with not the oldest LED flashlight I own, but the oldest existing light I've purchased. A Thrunite TN12 2014 I got for my uncle, a retired police detective, back in early 2015, soon after I got a TN12 2014 (my first serious 18650 flashlight, sadly it fell and the driver broke). He asked me to take a look at it because it was malfunctioning, and he was even sad that we might have to buy another one. Turns out, it was only the retaining ring in the tail that had gotten loose, and when I fixed that sucker in place it was back to working like new! And it's impressive just how well the old XM-L2 has held up in its ability to produce light. Especially with the TN12's beam profile, with a wide spot and tight spill.

I totally missed the opportunity to get some pictures of it :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first was probably the Nite Iz 3 LED drop in for the MiniMag...I would say from about 2006. I'm sure I still have it somewhere. I have flashlights scattered all over the house. It's likely in a drawer somewhere...I'll have to find it and see if it still lights up.