Olight i3E EOS 6 Colors (Luxeon TX, 1xAAA) Review

phosphor22

Enlightened
Dear my copper version arrived today. Sadly I am disappointed with it. The light output looks clearly less than my regular red one. When I looked into the face of the light, compared to my red one, its glass looks hazy. Plus when I shine it on a white wall from about 5 feet away, I can see a sort of black dot near the center.

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps there is a problem with this one - I have one and gave a friend one - neither copper has the issues that you mentioned. The copper should if anything seem the same or even brighter than the red.

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review (with runtimes). Wondering if you ever had a chance to test the silver or bronze versions with the higher output. Very curious about how the extra lumens effects runtime.

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
Someone has tried 10440 and it worked over on led forum thread.

Love the simplicity of this light, my wife has one in her purse. I've squirreled several of these lights, some as future gifts, some for personal use. I also tried a 10440 in one a couple of months ago. It ran much brighter and hotter for about 6 minutes, then it turned off. After that, it was dead. Nothing could revive it. Don't try this experiment unless you're willing to loose one.

Also, Olight may be in the process of discontinuing this light. Only some of the colors are still available on Olight's website. Furthermore, the silver 120 lumens version is VERY difficult to find anymore. Hasn't been available on Amazon or Ebay for some time. I know where they are still available if someone wants to pm me.

gbmmo4o0b7gcomk6g.jpg

Last edited:

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
I don't get the popularity of these lights. The L3 L08 is FAR higher in quality imo. As I have said before, these feel like a dollar store checkout item.

Though it puts out quite a bit of light, seems like the L3 LO8 does pretty poor on runtime, and the levels don't stick around for long (referencing selfbuilt's review). Money aside, I'd still take the i3e over the LO8.
L08-HiL92.gif

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
More than 3 years since I posted in this thread and I recently ordered a bunch of this light at 60% sale. Only available in black. While I still would wish the output could have been lower(half or so) for better runtime I think it's still a good choice to the keychain. A keychain light is mainly used for short time and it can be long time between the occasions, but for these occasions the light can be very valuable! Therefore I consider a lithium battery is the best choice and I will run it with Energizer L92.

Last edited:

slipnfall

Newly Enlightened
More than 3 years since I posted in this thread and I recently ordered a bunch of this light at 60% sale. Only available in black.

Same here - purchased my green I3E just about two years ago and went searching for a purple one as a gift. I got lucky and found some old shelf stock but super disappointed these seem to be no longer manufactured. Curiously they're on OLIGHT's product page but not listed in their store. :(

Brawny

Newly Enlightened
I guess I was blessed to buy a couple of blacks on the secondary market a few months ago. Still have one in an unopened package.

Groundhog

Newly Enlightened
Olight is giving them away for free if you pay $5 shipping. I had to sign in with Facebook. The e-mail address thing didn't work for me. Not bad for $5.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.olightstore.com/i3e-gift.html[/FONT]

db4rings

Newly Enlightened
More than 3 years since I posted in this thread and I recently ordered a bunch of this light at 60% sale. Only available in black. While I still would wish the output could have been lower(half or so) for better runtime I think it's still a good choice to the keychain. A keychain light is mainly used for short time and it can be long time between the occasions, but for these occasions the light can be very valuable! Therefore I consider a lithium battery is the best choice and I will run it with Energizer L92.

I read some amazon reviews that some of them loosen up and head falls off. Since youve had them for a long time now, has this ever happened to you?

BTW I agree with you on the energizer ultimate lithium. After ruining a few fenix torches, I stocked up on energizer ultimate lithium $16 for an 18 count at sams club 2 years ago. I keep buying them when they have them on sale. This is the only type of batteries I run as they also nearly double the runtime of alkalines and rechargeables.

thanks

Latest posts