Optic and Driver for a Quad XM-L2 M@G 2D mod? Multisink 2 will be used

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I have a old generation 2D mag led and want to mod it using Charles' multi-sink 2 and 4x XM-L2.

I want to drive them about 2-3A each and wire them 2S2P to use with 2x 26650. But I'm struggling to find a quad optic and the correct 17mm driver for this, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't ran this combination yet but in theory 2xXM-L2's in series would net the same rough Vf as a single MT-G2. Based on this theory you could run an AMC7135 based driver with the Zener Diode mod. As for the other 2 emitters (2P) you could add AMC chips until you get the current you are looking for.

Sorry but no clue on the optic.

Hope this helps,

Jamie

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply!!

I ordered the 13mmH cree XM-L optics from IOS, a set of carclo 10003, ledil LXP-RS and also a 50mm ledil rocket 4. Will play around to see which fits best my needs.

As for the driver I'm going with the zener modded BLF17DD and wire emitters in 2S2P, it will be basically a direct drive. 2xCW and 2xNW on 16mm noctigon.

I will make a build log and post it here when I finish, everything is on the way, host will be a 2D purple mag.