P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

KD has a drop-in using an Osram KW CSLNM1.TG emitter.
Long name for an emitter, but its small size will make it a good thrower.

up to 9V

candelaking

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, first post here. Working on assembling my first P60 build as I've been a using the platform for a while now. I bought the pill from Kaidomain, and wanted to try this driver, linked below, because I like the option for high only and low/high or high/low. I got a SST-20 5000k, because I have the 4000k and love that and a 519a 3500k to try. Just wanted to see if there are any good LEDs you guys recommend that's compatible with the driver. Thanks!

Galane

Newly Enlightened
Any chance of using one of these to modify a Great Neck 3202B 2xAA? Not the 32021 version which is adjustable focus.

The little incan bulb stabbed into the plastic in the front of the body is dim, with a terribly blotchy flood with a dark spot in the middle. It's also super dim even with a pair of fresh alkalines.

It was a cheap aluminum light but it's still sturdy and water resistant. If only it was anything like a good flashlight... ;) With any sort of functional LED upgrade I'd use it and abuse it, unlike the pricy Olight i5T Plus, of which I have four. (They had a sale, on a set of four different colors, with the 'pebble' grip texture!)

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Followup on the Osram drop-in.
Ordered up a couple since they were only $13, they arrived last week.
They came soo quick that I wasn't sure what it was, actually looked at the name to see if it was my neighbors...

The beam is what you'd expect with a distinct hotspot, but the OP reflector actually works well with it giving some usable spill.
got the 1-mode jobberoo,, tested in a 2x18500 host, tint filter.

Even though there are many quality dedicated weaponlights now, most will lose the plot after 20 yards.
These will acquire waaay past that.

Before anyone gets jumpy about weaponlight mentioning,, understand where Surefire made their dough..

ColeLLD

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I ordered the "KDLITKER P6-Osr Osram KW CSLNM1.TG 800 Lumens LED Drop-in Module" a couple days ago, and optioned for them to include their 21700 body ($20.99 all together, free shipping). I then realized that it probably wouldn't have the throw I wanted (since it has an orange-peel reflector) and then ordered the "KDLITKER P6-Osr Osram KW CSLNM1.TG 800 Lumens LED Drop-in Module" in warm white (3500K, 1-mode, 90CRI). I thought it was interesting that they don't have seperate lumen claims for the different color temps. Other brands (like Olight) typically offer different temps at the same price, but at the cost of lower output.

If anyone's interested I would be willing to gather runtime, lumen output, and CRI data from the light using the 21700.

Also, @hugodrax, if I understand correctly the old Pentagonlight "drop-ins" have a larger diameter than the standard P60, which would lead to contact issues. You would likely need to do some modification. This thread might be relevant to you: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/build-log-pentagonlight-x3.305484/

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Tod at illuminationgear.com has a 15% coupon (he rarely has coupons :))

iGisAWESOME

Picked up a Sportac Pro using an XHP35 hi neutral emitter,,, 9V max
Just had to, can't remember the last drop-in purchase from Tod

edit: reword

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone try a P60 or Malkoff P61 drop in on an old Pentagonlight x3?
The X3 has a larger diameter head. I forgot which reflector I put into mine but it is threaded for the same pills on the back of most P60 drop-ins so I put one together that way. If you just want to put a P60 or Malkoff into your X3 you'll find that you have no thermal path at all since the front of the drop-in will be up against the glass and the back will only have the negative spring conducting heat away from it. The drop-in will float inside the head. The X2 head can take a P60 and it will fit onto an X3 body.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pulled out an old solar force "xpg R5" 0.9-4.2v drop in I've had for quite a long time. Replace the led to an sst-20 4k I had lying around. Pretty good light. Here is the difference between non-wrapped and wrapped tight with aluminum foil. It does appear to be DD with pwm with a lithium ion. Draws 1A on high.
SF P60 sst20 4000k high-1861449087726.png

SF P60 sst20 4000k high wrapped-3090734816424.png

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Lumens Factory switched to Nichia 519A R9080 LED for their warm tint drop-ins
they are saying 90+CRI

Like in this regulated high voltage 3-mode unit:

@orbital

Wondering if you know the CYCLE RATE on the Lumens Factory drop-ins.

For example Kaidomain's are 3 seconds. i.e. If you leave on <3s it changes to next level at turn on L-M-H / if you leave on >3s it stays on the level you are in. (Terrible way to make a drop-in Inho)

Sportac and PflexPro etc. are 1 second. i.e. If you leave on <1s it changes to next level at turn on / if you leave on >1s it stays on the level you are in. (Much better and I think Vinh's are less than a second)