Pizza Delivery Guy with Flashlight / Laser Combo

LedTed

Enlightened
The pizza delivery guy from my neighborhood place has been delivering for a decade. He picked up a few tricks along the way.

He memorized the neighborhood, so he doesn't need a thrower flashlight to help read house numbers.

What he does find useful is a small flashlight with laser. The flashlight is for helping customers read receipts. The laser is for corralling / distracting / leading household pets.

Pretty clever Of him I thought; also worth sharing.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good. Back in my pizza delivery days 04'-06' I found the best cheap throw light was a 2C Mag to light up addresses from the street. Memorizing the layout of certain neighborhoods is easy, but it would be impossible to memorize all the new address numbers and new neighborhoods being built all the time. I had a cheap 12V spotlight for dark areas that weren't well lit up (especially rural). Never used a laser, but I always had a pocket knife and a .32 in my other pocket if things got really bad. Laser pointer sounds really handy to keep annoying dogs away though you don't want to hurt their eyes with it so I would rather just shine a flashlight at them if I could, that worked more than once. I had a Dorcy LED CR123A light that was actually pretty bright for the time.

Never carried pepper spray, but I probably should have considering some weird super sketchy encounters I can remember. I didn't want to start to have the Batman utility belt look going on. I would consider doing it again, but it just seems people don't tip anymore and it doesn't seem worth it, gas and wear and tear on your vehicle and all. And the delivery charge doesn't go to the driver anymore I've heard. Half or most of it goes back to the corp. And apparently no one lets you make free food anymore. Might try the door dash thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts